Be in the Know
- Oh baby! Jimmy Johns released new baby swaddling merch that makes your bundle of joy look like a wrapped sub sammy
- Dropbox is a lifesaver for documents and files and folders, but what about whole family histories? See the Dropbox ads that show memories and passions telling stories through files
- TikTok continues to expand into the online shopping world with a Publicis Groupe partnership that will offer brands “Community Commerce Sprints”
- Pepsi Co. sells Tropicana and Naked brands to PAI Partners in a $3.3 billion deal
The 2021 Instagram Engagement Report
The Instagram Engagement Report by Mention and Hubspot is back for a fourth year in a row – and this time it’s bigger than ever!
100 million Instagram posts across 1 million users make 1 free report that gives key insights for marketers and their social strategy. This year’s report shows changes across the most engaging post types, top geotagged locations, and hashtag use compared to last year.
Here are a few of the key takeaways from the report that social media marketers need to know:
- Carousel posts overtook both single image and video posts as the most engaging type of post this year, with 62 likes and 5 comments as the norm
- The average engagement rate of any kind of post overall decreased by 0.84% in 2021 to 1.42%
- The majority of users (53.6%) have less than 1,000 followers increasing 1.25% since 2020
- The best caption length overall for most engagement is in the 1,000-2,000 character range, meaning that championing story-telling can help drive more engagement and display authenticity on posts.
- The most influential brands on Instagram are Lamborghini, Netflix Brasil, Anastasia Beverly Hills, and Givenchy Official, from the Top 50 profile list
- The gender ratio of the most influential personalities on Instagram is 40% female and 60% male, from the Top 50 profile list
- Beauty and cosmetic industry related accounts received the most engagement
- Smaller Instagram accounts are seeing steady growth and finding new ways to reach audiences, as the majority of accounts have less than 1,000 followers (53.6%), a slight decrease compared to 2020 results (52.35%)
- Beverly Hills, California comes in first in the Top 50 cities for engagement globally
To get more insights like these to update and optimize your Instagram strategy, download the full report.
Q for You
There are literally hundreds of SEO tools out there, and we suggest using multiple tools for different uses. Some are better for technical SEO, some are better for content. This one is perfect for the research and optimization phases for its keyword magic. Keyword Surfer is a chrome extension that allows you to see search volumes directly in Google’s search results.
You get A LOT in one extension including the search volume for your primary keyword, estimated traffic for each top-ranking page, the word count for top-ranking pages, and even the cost per click. Just install the extension and that’s all there is to it. You can never beat free, especially when it comes to SEO tools.
We’re just shooting you a friendly hello there, in case you didn’t know us already.
Carney is the digital agency behind The Daily Carnage, the newsletter we made because we are obsessed with marketing. We love websites, branding, full-scale campaigns, you name it, but we love making these projects happen for clients even more.
Let us help your brand stand out from the ever-growing crowd.
Reach out with a howdy, hey, or hi.
Fairy tale shmairy tale
Rapunzel doesn’t need no man in this Amazon Prime ad. When you have fast shipping to rescue yourself out of a tower, what good is a Prince Charming anyway? The modern take on the story is some bad b energy we love. The message of the ad is that Prime changes everything, even the oldest of Brothers Grimm fairy tales. Check it out with its counterpart featuring Cleopatra, too.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1976, Reynolds Wrap
“It’s time for marketers to stop marketing to the 85 million American Millennials as one homogeneous audience.”
Jason A. Miller