Be in the Know
- Over 90% of B2B professionals say that webinars are their preferred form of content.
- Dual-screen laptop? Asus is testing a laptop that will feature two 4K touchscreen displays.
- Here’s some good news for NYC subway riders. You’ll be able to swipe in with Apple Pay starting this Friday.
- Slow down! Or speed up. Either way, you’ll be able to see your speed and speed traps with Google Maps.
4 Warning Signs for Your Content Marketing
How many times have you heard “content is king?”
Probably quite a bit. Especially if you’re in the marketing space.
By no means are we knocking content. It’s important, but…
Producing content to produce content is the wrong approach. It all comes down to quality. If you’re doing content marketing right, it takes time.
Let’s take a look at 4 warning signs for your content marketing. If any of these apply to your brand, it’s probably time to revamp your content strategy.
- Keyword Research Isn’t Part of Your Process: Keyword research isn’t the sexiest part about content marketing, but we’d argue it’s one of the most important factors. In order to align your content and SEO efforts, you need to know what people are searching for and the topics they’re talking about. Takeaway: Add keyword research to your process.
- Your Content is Being Found, but Not Read: Oh hey, Google Analytics. If you’re pushing out content on the regular, you need to get comfortable with Google Analytics. Two important tracking metrics when it comes to content marketing are ‘Bounce Rate’ and ‘Time on Page.’ Takeaway: Consistently track these 2 metrics. They’re a great indicator as to how your content is being received.
- You’re Behind the Times: Trying to develop new ideas and topics on a daily basis can feel like a grind. It’s crucial to stay up to date on trending topics and the latest news. Takeaway: Set up Google Alerts for industry related news. Browse and participate in forums through Quora and/or Reddit.
- You’re Always Promoting Something: Let’s turn to the tried and true 80/20 rule. 80% of your content should be informational and educational while 20% should promote your brand. If you’re always promoting your product or service, you will lose readership. Folks don’t always want to be sold to. Takeaway: Focus on solving the challenges your audience is facing. Don’t go all salesy on them.
There’s a good chance you’re using Google at least once per day. The search engine behemoth receives over 228m searches per hour. 🤯
Today’s tool should make searching more efficient and eliminate some open tabs.
It’s called ‘Google Results Previewer.’
This free Google Chrome extension allows you to view web pages from search results without any clicks, directly from Google.
Give it a try.
How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
We’re scratching our own itch here.
$4 dollar cold brews add up fast.
So, we’re making them ourselves. Check out a quick and easy method below.