Be in The Know
What are UTM Codes?
If you don’t know, now you know! UTM codes are custom URLs that can marketers use to accurately track the performance of a campaign. UTMs track these 5 parameters:
- Source: The website, publication, or advertiser that is sending traffic to your site. For example, you could add a UTM code to your Twitter bio to track the traffic it refers.
- Medium: The type of channel driving the traffic, such as PPC, organic search, paid social, organic social, and email.
- Campaign: The specific campaign, promotion, or sale that your link represents.
- Term: The target keyword driving traffic to your site.
- Content: The specific content, such as multiple CTAs, that a user can click on within the same campaign.
These parameters can help you track your referrals, optimize your bidding strategy, and measure the success of your campaigns. Get a closer look at UTM codes over at Semrush.
Q for You
Get The Morning Paper for Social Media Managers
Join over 30,000 social media managers and stay on top of the latest social media news with The HeyOrca Brief Newsletter. Get a daily dose of trending audio, free resources, workshop reminders, and yes, even memes.
Spend just one minute each day catching up on everything you need to know to boost your social media strategy. Subscribe now and become part of the community of social media professionals. 🙌
In Full Color
Porsche is celebrating its 30th anniversary in Thailand with a kaleidoscope spot about a father’s vivid dreams for his daughter’s future and the Thai spirit to succeed.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Radio Shack, 1987