Be in the Know
10 Tips for Effective Subject Lines
Last week, y’all showed a ton of interest in learning about subject lines. Did you know that for every $1 spent on email marketing, you can expect an average ROI of $55? Crazy, huh? With that kind of ROI, it makes sense to take SL’s seriously.
Our buddies at DirectLync are sharing 10 tips to make your subject lines really stand out.
- You don’t want your subject line to get cut off, so be brief. Marketo analyzed 2 million+ emails and found that 4 words garnered the most opens and 7 words garnered the most clicks. Try to keep your word count within this range for best results.
- Don’t give it all away in the subject line. Captivate your audience with something that will pique their interest and prompt them to open the email to learn more. Stay away from clickbait!
- Use CTAs/verbs/questions. Asking a question challenges people to think. Invite people in by imploring them to consider your question or CTA. They’ll be more likely to engage and see what you have to say.
- Personalize it. It’s all too easy to differentiate a blast email sent to everybody and one that is truly more specific to you. Do things like include individuals’ names, segment your audiences, and use drip campaigns to send emails with different treatments based upon the actions of individual subscribers.
- Create urgency. Give people a reason to act now. The easiest way to do this is by emphasizing deadlines.
- Quantify what you’re delivering to your subscribers. Cut through the mix of vague emails. Be straightforward with your audience by indicating a time-frame, statistics, or data.
DirectLync doesn’t stop there. You know what to do to get more tips and examples!
All-inclusive Marketing Platform
It’s easier said than done to stay on top of things. Even if you have a clearly defined routine, the transitions between those tasks can slow your momentum. When you do find something that truly helps you stay on top, it can be a game-changer – especially if there’s no loss in momentum.
For small businesses looking for an easier way to manage sales and marketing, there’s DirectLync. An all-inclusive marketing platform with all the tools you need in one place, saving you time and headaches.
- Quickly switch between your marketing tools
- Keep your sales funnel in order
- Build eye-catching email templates
- Stay up to date on social media trends while you schedule your posts.
See it’s like cutting down your commute time. No need to switch back and forth between different applications. If you’re looking for a one-stop marketing shop, then try out DirectLync for free!
What we're listening to
Reply All by Gimlet
“‘A podcast about the internet’ that is actually an unfailingly original exploration of modern life and how to survive it.”
Everybody knows that cats have their own agendas. Some days they’re cuddly roommates, and some days they just need their space. It’s silly to expect your cat to just go along with your wishes.
So when it’s your wedding day and you want your cat to walk up the aisle as your ring bearer, tough luck when she goes for the trees instead. Milk-Bone gives us the run-down in this ad telling us that a dog may be a more willing participant in your human rituals.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1898, Ivory Soap
“Who you are speaks so loudly I can’t hear what you’re saying.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson