Top Posts of the Week
- Everything Brands Need to Know About Clubhouse [Infographic]
- Google Opens Enrollment For Career Certification Courses
- Google to Face $5B Lawsuit Over Tracking Users in Incognito Mode
- The 7 Best Ways to Grow Your Instagram Audience in 2021
What We Learned
Monday: PR Daily gave us 5 Hollywood storytelling tips for creating shareable content.
- Watch movies…seriously.
- Understand the psychology of why people share.
- Personify, personify, personify.
- Study the “Hero’s Journey.”
- Treat writing like it matters.
Tuesday: Hubspot told us what marketers need to know about YouTube Shorts. It’s important to note that short-form creators could see a bigger reach, and YouTube Shorts could be less vulnerable to shutting down than other viral platforms.
Wednesday: Databox talked about video SEO and ranking on Google vs. ranking on YouTube. If your focus is on YouTube, then ensure your video is long enough and use video tags. If your focus is on Google, then write longer video descriptions and take advantage of other video platforms.
Thursday: Jeff Bullas listed the 7 best ways to grow your Instagram audience in 2021. To list a few:
- Use an Instagram growth service.
- Plan and schedule content.
- Optimize your profile.
Join the Conversation
Rachel wrote, “Yelp Advertisements. Has anyone tried them? And if so, can you tell me what your experience was with the ads? Did they work? Were they awful? Could you not tell a difference?”
Pamela asked, “What are your favorite books for upping your marketing game? Mostly interested in content creation (especially copy) and things like mapping customer journeys – but a good book is a good book, so other topics welcome.”
Erica wants to know, “For those of you who work in agency marketing – how do you handle weekend requests or “fire drills”?”
Michele wants to know, “If you could go back a year ago today, knowing what you know now, what professional advice would you give yourself?”
Did you know you can grow your email subscriber list by incorporating Scalemail Polls into your newsletter?
That’s because only current subscribers can select a poll choice while non-subscribers can quickly and easily subscribe to cast votes.
Reach out and let’s talk about how you can incorporate Scalemail Polls into your newsletter.
Green Tea Mojito
- 2/3 cup brewed green tea, cooled
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 individual-sized packet of stevia
- Muddle the lime juice, mint and sugar at the bottom of a tall glass.
- Add ice ¾ of the way up the glass, then add rum and tea and stir.
Recipe from America’s Table
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
About _____ of marketers actively invest time in SEO.