Be in the Know
- The dumpster fire rages on: Twitter abruptly banned all links to competing platforms—then reversed the decision just as fast.
- Gradients, vintage vibes, and animation. Check out Venngage’s trend-forecasting for infographics in 2023.
- Instagram announced a game-changing update (including that “Notes” feature reminiscent of your AIM status).
- And that’s a wrap for the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Here’s what brands, like Budweiser, learned about ignoring or courting controversy.
Time to Revisit Your Professional Bio 🥱
Here’s the thing about professional bios: no one likes writing them and no one likes reading them. Your bio is meant to introduce and represent you to your colleagues and clients, but it often reduces you to a sleepy list of jobs and skills and organizations. Inject some humanity into your professional bio with some personal trivia—and if you can’t think of a fun fact on the fly, here’s thirteen prompts to get you started:
- Your childhood.
- Your dream occupation.
- Your first car.
- Your hidden talents.
- Your proudest accomplishments.
- What you learned from your biggest mistake.
- The most unusual item in your office.
- Your favorite sports team.
- Your pet.
- Your guilty pleasure.
- Your high school yearbook superlative.
- Your best friend.
- What’s on your bucket list.
Check out the full post on Entrepreneur for more inspiration on the professional bio.
Picture this: a library of your livestreams, online courses, and 1:1 coaching sessions, all in one place.
Superpeer helps you create and sell your content, manage subscriptions, and build your community without a monthly fee. Plus, Superpeer’s built-in analytics and marketing tools can set you up for sustainable success. Take advantage of integrations like Zoom, Zapier, Discord, and Google Calendar for a seamless workflow.
This Could Be Us
Is your marketing tool or tactic a perfect fit for The Daily Carnage?
We have a whole menu of options available for your sponsored content.
Let’s make some magic.
Fun With Tropes
Free streaming service Pluto TV has made Drew Barrymore the (adorable) face of its new global brand campaign: “Stream now. Pay never.”
In a series of video spots, Drew dramatically acts out classic cinematic tropes, starting with the rom-com “meet cute.” The takeaway? Pluto TV has a dedicated channel just for romance… and just about anything else you love. (And if you have commitment issues, don’t worry. It’s free!)
Ads from the PastAds from the Past