Top Posts of the Week
- Skittles brings back the all-gray packs for a second year, giving the rainbow back in Pride Month
- Ben’s Original, previously Uncle Ben’s, reveals new packaging that will hit stores this week
- Coca-Cola’s sparkling water brand Aha debuts first major marketing campaign
- See how brands like Etsy gave users the option to mute Mother’s Day messaging
What We Learned
Monday: SailThru gave us the run down on Personalization vs. Segmentation: The Real Difference and Why it Matters. To recap the definitions for these:
- Segmentation: Stores don’t pile kids’, men’s, and women’s clothes all together. Each category of clothing has a different rack, section, or floor before organizing them into further subcategories.
- Personalization: When a stylist works with you, they are going to dig deep to understand your taste, what flatters you, and your price range.
Tuesday: Search Engine Journal gave us 5 Tips for Managing PPC After the Coronavirus Outbreak as we navigate new standards.
- Pivot to Normal-ish
- Evaluate Business Value Propositions & Messaging
- Optimize Budgets & Spend
- Consider Evolving Search Behavior
- Reconsider Your Channels
Wednesday: Sprout Social shared How to Elevate Remote Video Production, Step-By-Step so you can rock your next video shoot. The essential tidbits:
- Follow the 60/40 rule for pre-production
- Tripods and stabilizers to avoid shaky cam footage
- Additional lights to bring your production to life
- Mic check to sample your audio quality
Thursday: G2’s Learn Hub taught us Conversion Rate Optimization: Top 10 Strategies for Success. Here are the first 5:
- Create a sense of urgency
- Make the most out of page elements
- Simplify your content for more action
- Stress visuals, especially videos
- Display omnichannel compatibility
Join the Conversation
Christie asked, “Does anyone know of an email signature generator that is customizable and will work for both Outlook 365 and the desktop Outlook application? TIA!”
Gregory shared, “I love that OnlyFans is at least trying to highlight other content available.”
Sonia wrote, “Question for my folks who create Tik Tok for work: What are some pages you follow with music and sounds for commercial use?”
Bren posted, “If FB makes you click/tap to see all of this, I promise it’s worth it.”
We love giving you the tools and tips you need to succeed. But, being the agency behind The Daily Carnage, we can offer so much more than that.
Hit us up if you’d like to talk.
Spicy Pineapple Shandy 🔥
- 1 ounce tequila
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce jalapeño simple syrup
- 6 ounces pale ale beer
- Chill ingredients ahead of time (you can also use a frosted glass or ice to keep things cool).
- In a pint glass, combine the tequila, fruit juices, and jalapeño syrup. Stir well.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with your favorite pale ale.
- Donezo. Serve it up!
Recipe from the Spruce Eats
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
What was YouTube’s original purpose?
c. A video dating service 😘