Top Posts of the Week
- Ocean Spray explains its “upside-down” label with some science
- A&W makes “Employee Meals” for their menu that double as hiring ads
- Time for holiday cheer in a cup: Bailey’s Irish Cream teamed up with Dominique Ansel Bakery for a hot cocoa kit
- White Castle made an OnlyFans account for exclusive recipe content
What We Learned
Monday: Influencive gave 4 survey tips for customer insights and they are:
- Keep it short and sweet
- Try to stick to one question at a time.
- Yes/No questions are your friends.
- Offering incentives helps get more responses.
Tuesday: Chili Piper’s “Demand Gen Chat” podcast had an episode called “MQL Purgatory, Nailing that PM Fit, & The Discipline of Attribution.” The guest was Ben Pollack, Head of Growth Marketing at ChartHop, and he spoke about marketers getting sucked into a black hole of reporting MQL purgatory. Listen up to the full episode to hear his thoughts on strong reporting.
Wednesday: Advocacy marketing isn’t always a cut and dry strategy for growing your business. HubSpot had a blog post on how to do advocacy marketing by encouraging your customers to share great experiences and always following through in service.
Thursday: Both Google Tag Manager and the Global Site Tag have benefits depending on your tagging purposes. MeasureSchool broke down Google Tag Manager vs. the Global Site Tag with their differences, best uses, and technical how-to’s.
Join the Conversation
Kristi wrote, “Sales Deck Design: Do you design for assuming it will be printed or just for web? Current internal debate:
A: Horizontal vs Vertical
B: Loads of white space or Big photos and small area for text
Deck swapping encouraged. 😉”
Christopher asked, “What’s the BFCM Damage? Better than expected? Worse?”
Katrina posted, “Hello! Question about influencer marketing tools…Currently, we are using Activate, and before I renew, I want to see if there are any recommendations that anyone might have?”
Katie asked, “Has anyone had any success advertising crypto? Like if crypto was going to be a part of a giveaway, with other non-crypto product. We wouldn’t be looking to advertising selling it. I know all of the main channels like FB and Google seem off limits but wasn’t sure if there were any other paid channels that you’ve been able to use.”
Careers at Carney!
Join our merry band of marketing misfits.
We’re looking to add a few people to the Carney crew. If you’re awesome, or know awesome people, check out our current openings:
Some good things to know about Carney:
- We are digital marketing NERDS and looking for applicants just as passionate for brands, trends, and websites.
- We have sweet benefits including healthcare, holidays, and unlimited paid-time-off.
- We are based out of our office in Pittsburgh, our couches, dining room tables, and home offices, so remote candidates are welcome.
Hibiscus Tequila Hot Toddy
- Hot Water
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 ounces hot agua de Jamaica
Add tequila, lemon juice, honey, and top with warm agua de Jamaica to a mug.
Garnish with lemon & cinnamon sticks.
Recipe by Sweet Life
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1969, Dr. Pepper