Be in The Know
- TikTok is hopeful that western audiences will warm up to in-stream shopping.
- Happy Roast-A-Thon. These were Wendy’s best disses on TikTok.
- Google Ads is testing out a new verification badge. Well, it’s more of a shield.
- Formula One is a global phenomenon. It’s fastest growing segment? Women.
Find Your People on TikTok
TikTok is more than just an entertainment and social platform—it’s a powerful discovery tool that unites niche communities. Brands that tap into these conversations with authentic messaging see serious results. In fact, 76% of users enjoy when brands are participate in special interest groups on TikTok.
Here’s how to leverage the power of communities on TikTok for your brand:
- Use your brand’s passion points to identify potential communities and subcultures (BookTok? TechTok? FoodTok?) Try TikTok’s Keyword Insights tool to reveal relevant hashtags related to interests, and test the Top Products tool to scope out what works for other brands.
- Try the Stay and Play Framework to identify opportunities. A luxury retail brand might partipate in expected (Stay) communities like FashionTok and, more specifically, GorpCore. Alternatively, the brand could explore more unexpected categories (Play) like FoodTok and, more specifically, Miniature World.
- Drive results through value (entertainment, education, connection, relevance) and variety (by serving different need states, like planning or buying).
- Ensure your content is optimized for TikTok. This typically means content that is lo-fi, vertical, and high-resolution; makes use of popular sounds; has a narrative; and follows the general format of its category and community (Get Ready With Me for BeautyTok, for example).
Feeling inspired? Check out more insider tips from TikTok for Business.
Q for You
Top Products on TikTok
Check out TikTok’s Top Products tool to identify trending products in your region and category, so you can pop the hood on what’s working. You can filter through dozens of categories and subcategories, search by country, and limit your results to a specific window of time. Get performance analytics and audience insights, from CTR to CPA, and browse related content.
Speaking of niche communities… our people love all things marketing.
Get some more mileage out of your latest blog post, boost your app downloads, or build some brand awareness with a customizable sponsorship in our next email.
For Carnivores Only
Definitely don’t watch this slow-motion KFC commercial if you’re not into watching hungry people tear into fried chicken with a feral look in their eyes.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past