Be in the Know
- The 25th Annual Webby Award winners are IN
- Starting in June, HBO Max will debut its ad-supported subscription tier
- Petco is using a new advertising platform to provide vendors with targeted digital advertising opportunities
- Kendall Jenner launched a tequila brand and facing some backlash on potential cultural appropriation in latest ad
Apple and Google Privacy Updates: the Impact on Influencer and Affiliate Marketing
When marketing today is so immersive with data, you have to be on top of what the big poppas of data are up to. User privacy, cookies, app tracking, it’s some important stuff. Luckily PerformanceIN is helping us out by breaking down the latest updates from Google and Apple.
Here are some summarized updates to keep in mind when planning your ad campaigns:
- Are you in or out? The Apple privacy update introduces new requirements where users will have to Opt IN to allow data collection, rather than Opting OUT like before. Most advertising will be impacted less than social media advertising.
- C is for cookie. In early 2022, Google Chrome will phase out support for third-party cookies affecting two main areas: audience targeting and conversion tracking. We are expecting some measurement changes across all advertising, but big changes in how we strategize display ads.
- Ain’t no party like a first-party party. Luckily influencer or affiliate marketing platforms are all good if built on first-party tracking and measurement. Not only is first-party tracking privacy compliant, but you can also create best-in-class attribution for brand and performance marketers.
To get a better understanding of these Apple and Google updates in regards to future marketing, check out the full article.
Q for You
Reservations, funnel automation, retail, and mass communications are all using text messages to get it done. If you are looking for new SMS marketing software (or even trying it out for the first time), TextingBase makes it easy as pie. Big or small, they have a message plan that can fit any audience. Try it free for a trial period or check them out for a demo.
At your service
We’re more than The Daily Carnage. We are designers, developers, and marketers that also happen to bring you the goods on the daily. If you’re looking for pros in website redesign, a brand refresh, email, or anything in between, we got you.
Wanna talk? Smash that button below!
The hashtag says it all. Venus released this cutesy animated ad singing all about pubic hair. The idea is It’s time we all got comfortable with the word. Seems fair enough if you are selling products all about the removal or trimming in that area.
Sorry not sorry if this gets stuck in your head one way or another.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1977, Wheel Industries, Inc.
“We think customers buy based on price, features and functions. In reality it is emotions, cognitive biases, and engagement experience. We need to use the latter first.”