To those who were rooting for the Rams: Cheers!
To those who were cheering for the losers: We hope your day gets better. Here’s a rose 🌹
Be in the Know
- Here are 2022’s favorite Valentine’s Day candy in the U.S. by each state
- Did you scan the Coinbase QR code ad during the Super Bowl? So many people scanned it, it crashed the app
- Sally Hansen’s new site feature lets you try on nail polish virtually so you can always pick your perfect color
- Check out this infographic for 9 best practices for writing your CTAs
The Official Guide to Unofficial Holiday Marketing
Marketers are always wondering when to celebrate holidays as a brand. It’s not a one size fits all situation. So let’s break it down to celebrate today’s holiday of love – Valentine’s Day.
Benefits to Holiday Marketing:
- They keep you current
- They’re sharable
- They can showcase brand personality
- They help you plan content all year
Reasons NOT to Do Holiday Marketing:
- If holidays don’t align with your brand, it’s worth your effort and it might confuse your audience.
- Including or exluding holidays that might offend your customers (i.e. Columbus Day).
- Too much holiday content might cannibalize your other promotions and campaigns.
How to Handle Holiday Marketing:
- Choose Your Holidays Carefully: As we mentioned in the “Reasons NOT to do Holiday Marketing,” is brands should only market holidays that align with their brand. Research the monthly, weekly, and daily observances you can celebrate for each month and decide what fits!
- Add Promotional Strategy to the Mix: See if you can interject your brand and services in a way that makes sense for a holiday or season.
- Get it Planned to Get it Done: Execute your content with planning via a calendar for all of your channels – paid advertising, organic social media, written blog posts, etc.
Check out the full guide by VirTasktic for more holiday planning tips and templates!
Super Bowl Poll
It’s Valentine’s Day…need a perfect match?
Sometimes when it comes to copywriting, you can rack your brain trying to find that perfect combination of words or terms. Lay all your options out with this free Combination Generator! Just insert your individual terms (like all the adjectives you’d like to see combined with a noun), and see which combos speak to you.
Your Newsletter With Benefits
Young, Strange Love
Kodak released this short film (shot on Kodak film, of course) about a couple in a little internal conflict. They have hit a plateau in their relationship where a new request is an existential crisis and the old ways are missed. It’s beautifully shot and is a good daily dose of drama.
Watch it for the wigs.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1960, Falstaff Beer
“Skills are cheap. Passion is priceless.”