Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of the Week
- A “Gender Pay Gap” bot called out a lot of brands making International Women’s Day posts to make them put their money where their mouth is
- Check out Twitter’s 2022 Twitter Trends Report
- Heard from Google itself: Internal linking is critical to SEO
- Old Navy let TikTok write its latest campaign and it is SO happy
What We Learned
Yesterday we asked you guys to rate how prepared you are with your marketing plans on a scale of 1-5. 50% of you said you’d give it a 3. So here are some planning resources we covered this week:
Monday: Are you ready for Google Topics and the cookie phase-out? At the beginning of 2022, Google’s new Privacy Sandbox proposal introduced “Topics” that will replace FLoC. While changes are still happening, 2023 is still the expected phase-out date. Here’s what to know about Google Topics and cookie alternatives so you’re prepared.
Tuesday: Learn from the best! The latest edition of Mention & Hubspot’s Instagram Engagement Report gives stats and tips on everything Instagram. The world-famous soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo has once again bagged the prize for the most followed person on Instagram this year and they gave insights into his strategy.
Wednesday: What’s going on in the Creator Economy? Creators have evolved from run-of-the-mill influencers. They are making their brand partnerships more personal and it’s making content more authentic. Hear more about the status of the Creator Economy on #paid’s Banknotes blog.
Thursday: ToolsRush put together a list of over 25 easy-to-use (and mostly free) research tools! Conducting your own market research is essential for marketers. It can help you determine what customers are looking for, industry trends, and new ways your product can fill gaps. But you need the right tools to get there.
Join the Conversation
Kris wrote, “It’s now OK to use 1080×1080 images in the Twitter feed? I’m seeing a bunch lately but all the guides I see (Hootsuite, etc.) still say 1600×1900. And Canva’s Twitter template is 900×1600. Maybe this is old news and I just haven’t been paying attention. (I do all our social media, but it’s a small part of what I do.) …Thanks for schooling me!”
Emi asked, “What are your thoughts on using GIFS in marketing emails?”
Irish Spring Cocktail
- 1 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1 oz Vodka
- .75 oz Melon Liqueur
- .5 oz Elderflower Liqueur
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 2 oz Sparking Water
- Lime for garnish
- Place everything but the sparkling water into a mixing glass.
- Stir with ice for 30-60 seconds.
- Add ice to a rocks glass and add garnish with a lime slice.
- Pour mixture into rocks glass.
- Top with sparkling water.
Recipe from Booze on the Rocks
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Which of these brands is NOT owned by Kraft-Heinz?
Those are owned by Betty Crocker, which is owned by General Mills.