Be in the Know
- Report claims all three new iPhones planned for 2020 will support 5G.
- Poolside.fm launched its 80s inspired desktop app last Friday and the internet broke. Do yourself a favor and check it out.
- Duolingo partnered with Twitch to help you learn languages better.
- WhatsApp hits 400 million users in India, its biggest market.
Proven Ways to Increase Your Site Traffic
Feeling overwhelmed by all of the options for driving traffic to your website?
Join the club.
Don’t fret though…
The folks at Ahrefs put together a comprehensive list of tactics they used to help grow their revenue by +65% year over year. Outside of word of mouth marketing, their blog serves as their second-best marketing channel driving over 230k organic visitors per month.
Ok, let’s dive in.
- Write about topics people are searching for: To do this, use Ahrefs Keyword Explorer Tool to see hundreds or thousands of ideas. The tool will show you search volume and keyword difficulty. They also have a content explorer tool that’ll show you low-hanging content ideas.
- Write guest posts: Yes, it can be tedious and time-consuming, but writing guest posts will increase referral traffic, give you more backlinks, and increase brand awareness. Try searching in Google to find sites with “write for us” or “become a contributor.” Also, if you can find websites that have written about a particular topic before, there’s a good chance they’ll be interested in a guest post about a similar topic.
- Promote content in relevant online communities: Facebook Groups, Reddit, and Slack are great places to start. Don’t get post happy though. It takes time to build trust in these communities. Make sure you cultivate a relationship with the group admin and adhere to the group rules.
- Answer questions on Quora: Ahrefs has brought in hundreds of thousands of views by consistently answering questions on Quora. Head over to Quora and sign up today. If you want to find questions as it relates to your niche, we recommend the Ahrefs Site Explorer tool.
- Appear on podcasts: Data tells us that 44% of you have listened to a podcast. Starting your own podcast is hard work, so why not look for podcast opportunities? Head over to Google and search for “top [your niche] podcasts.” Find the host and pitch yourself as a guest.
We highly recommend checking out the Ahrefs blog post (below) on increasing traffic to your site. There are 6 more tactics we didn’t cover and they are 🔥.
Your New SEO Tool
If you’re looking for a tool to grow your search traffic, research your competitors and monitor your niche, Ahrefs will be your new best friend.
Whether you’re looking for backlink opportunities, low-hanging content ideas, or competitive analysis Ahrefs has it all.
There’s a reason why top SEO and marketing experts like Brian Dean use Ahrefs.
Give it a try for a week for only $7. That’s less than 2 Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks.
Liberty Mutual commercials have been featuring the Statue of Liberty in the background for the last 5 years (and they still are), but…
The commercials have taken on a slightly weirder approach and they’re working.
After an agency switch in 2017, Liberty Mutual has seen a 25% increase in brand ad recall year-over-year. Below is one of their latest spots.