We’re looking for an experienced Marketing Manager. In this role, you’ll lead our team in communicating Seamwork’s value in people’s lives. Help us in our mission to spread creativity.
WHO WE ARE
We’re Seamwork, and our mission is bringing empowerment through creativity. We believe that sewing your own clothing is transformative. It gives you new perspectives on yourself, your body, and the culture you live in.
At Seamwork, we help inspire this creativity through sewing patterns, classes, and community. We’re a small team with big values. We believe in growth, compassion, and creative practice. We serve a community of enthusiastic, passionate sewers.
We have a unique, close-knit team built on trust. We respect the need to create balance in life, and offer flexibility and support. Our low-drama environment emphasizes collaboration and transparency.
Everyone is welcome on our team. We strive to create an inclusive place to work where everyone feels comfortable. We honor diversity, and are working to create a strong, equitable workplace. You can learn more about our culture here.
We’re looking for a marketer with experience in content, social media, email, paid marketing, and CRO. You will grow our membership by creating unbelievably helpful content, while leading and growing our content team. You’ll also develop engaging email, web copy, and advertising campaigns. Introduce more people to Seamwork and show them how we can bring more joy through creativity.
• Increase Seamwork membership. Create messaging that speaks to people. Show them the transformation that sewing can make in their lives. Work with our Product team to develop copy and ideas for our website to increase conversions.
• Increase traffic to our site. Guide our team in creating exceptional content. Find new audiences and partners to work with.
• Grow our email list. Create email campaigns that drive growth in our membership.
• Make our ads effective. Develop a new strategy for paid marketing and optimize our ads.
• Be a leader. Provide mentoring as a manager to a small team of talented content creators.
In the first year with us, your mission is to:
• Develop a new monthly lead generation program. Create a process for generating, publishing, and promoting new monthly lead generation content and products. Work with designers, Managing Editor, and product team to create high-value lead generators.
• Rethink how we invest in marketing. Should we spend more on creating content? Should we focus on CRO? Is there an area where we are over investing? Evaluate our marketing budget, and develop a plan to invest in the resources we need to succeed in our mission.
• Develop a strategic partnership program. Discover ways we can work with other businesses in our industry to promote each other and work together.
• Build your own new ideas for increasing our membership by at least 20%.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
• Strong copywriting abilities
• Experienced in content marketing, including video (YouTube)
• Experienced in social media marketing (Pinterest experience a plus)
• Experienced in email marketing
• Experience with Conversion Rate Optimization
• Familiarity with optimization tools such as VWO a plus
• Strong understanding of paid advertising, including Facebook ads manager (Pinterest advertising a plus)
• Strong knowledge of Google Analytics
• Project management
• At least 2 years experience managing others
You should also have the following competencies:
• Results Orientation: You maintain appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments.
• Strategic thinking: You act with the future in mind.
• Initiative: You are proactive and take action without being prompted.
• Learning Agility: You continuously seek new knowledge.
• Creativity: You generate original ideas, encourage new ways of thinking, explore options, and develop innovative solutions.
This is open to both local and remote candidates within the US. We are located in inner NE Portland, Oregon. We offer flexible remote work for local candidates.