The Social Media Marketing Manager is a contract, remote position. You would play an integral role in consumer-facing brand development and outreach for a healthy protein-based snacks company with a strong active/fit lifestyle image. This position actively monitors, responds to, and posts content to the brand’s social media platforms, develops content, conducts influencer outreach, coordinates posting schedules, and provides analytics and reporting.
Social Strategy (10%)
• Create a content plan informed by brand story, business objectives, and target audience.
• Develop brand voice and personality on social media
• Devise strategy to launch onto new platforms as appropriate (e.g., TikTok)
• Seek out opportunities for connection and community building among followers
• Plan social media calendar each month including coordinating content needs.
Community Management (35%)
• Oversee all aspects of online community management and scheduling content
• Respond to social media post and ad comments as well as direct messages via social media channels and marketing emails to ensure excellent customer service
• Create and post to Instagram and Facebook, developing copy and content as needed, or working with content creators. Limited photography may be needed.
• Create and post all Instagram story content including basic graphic and video creation and optimization for engagement.
Analytics & Growth (15%)
• Provide monthly analytics report recapping success and areas of opportunity; adjust content strategy accordingly
• Create and track KPI’s across all social media channels and work towards growing followers & engagements on all platforms
• Plan 2 monthly giveaways with like-minded brands on Instagram including outreach, coordination, and ensuring content is created.
Influencer Management (30%)
• Actively research and reach out to social media influencers (primarily Instagram and TikTok) who align with brand ethos and develop relationships and secure interest in trying our product
• Send out product shipments and follow up with influencers to obtain feedback and track posting follow-through
• Continue to build on relationships and foster sustained partnerships
• Develop KPI’s for outreach and track
• Assist in outreach to local businesses for pop-up events and serve as Brand Ambassador as needed
• Blog article editing and posting
• Organize and manage all visual assets to make them easy to find and leverage
• Other duties as assigned
Attributes & Skills
• You’re a huge fan of social media and love keeping up with new trends and engaging with people
• You are skilled at using copy and imagery to tell a story
• A love for food and living a healthy lifestyle is a huge plus!
• Basic photography
• Demonstrated positive, self-starter work ethic
• Excellent communication skills, writing ability
• Previous experience using Canva or photoshop and video creation platforms strongly preferred
• Lives the brand’s core values of rising to any challenge with passion, perseverance, and positivity.
• Minimum 2 years of social media management, ideally with a brand in a related category
• 1+ years of influencer relationship management responsibility
High School Diploma or equivalent