Contribute to a wide variety of client and internal projects.
Carney, a creative agency located in Regent Square, is looking to hire a full-stack web developer that is inventive, technically-minded, and a problem solver at heart. Join our team and contribute to a wide variety of client and internal projects that range from websites to custom applications to native apps.
The ideal candidate has high-level experience in HTML, CSS, JS (framework knowledge like React is a plus) and has worked with a back-end language like PHP, Ruby, or node.
Most of all we’re looking for someone with a willingness to learn and a passion for building quality software.
Desired Skills and Experience
You’ll need to be comfortable with:
- WordPress development: themes, plugins, and Gutenberg blocks
- Semantic and accessible HTML
- Responsive CSS
- Version control with Git
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with an MVC framework like Rails or Laravel
- Knowledge of design tools like Photoshop, XD, and Figma
- Experience with server setup and maintenance
- Basic SQL and database setup knowledge
- Experience with testing software
- The willingness to locate to the Pittsburgh Region
- Working on a wide variety of projects for clients and ourselves
- Really interested in cutting-edge tools, patterns, and best practices
- More interested in passion and intelligence than lists of acronyms
- Open source affectionate, enterprise savvy
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible hours and a relaxed work environment
If you’re ready to get started, send a cover letter, résumé, your availability and any additional materials you think we might like to see (github profile, recent projects you’ve worked on, etc.)
Freelance and offshore consultants will not be considered. No recruiters, please.