Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of The Week
- McDonald’s is selling t-shirts that camouflage your McFlurry in Portugal.
- Pics or it didn’t happen? X wipes out pictures and links tweeted before 2014.
- SMMs rejoice! Threads is on the web now.
- Brace yourself: Google announced its second core update of 2023.
What We Learned
Monday: The UX Cookbook has whipped up a quick guide for web writing, which is especially handy because it’s written precisely following its own rules.
Tuesday: Search intent is the reason behind a user’s query. Here’s how to improve your content to match what users are searching for.
Wednesday: Podcasting is a relatively new channel with complex and often opaque data collection, interpretation, and discrepancies across platforms. Here are 5 myths of podcast analytics debunked.
Thursday: Despite explosive initial growth, engagement on Meta’s Threads app has slowed dramatically with a 79% decrease in active users this month. SparkToro surveyed marketers to gauge early sentiment. Here’s what they found.
Samantha asked, “Does anyone have advice for creating a portfolio?”
Maeve asked, “Can someone confirm for me that you can post an Instagram reel over 90 seconds—if you post it as a feed post, it just gets converted to a reel?”
Brianne asked, “Has anyone been able to get around the glitch where it won’t let you confirm the connection between a Facebook page and Instagram account?”
Christopher shared, “Facebook removed its location targeting options in Ads Manager. Anyone else reallocating their digital spend to other platforms?”
From The Carney Slack Channel
Packaging kudos: Kick Cases is stepping up with sneaker-inspired phone cases that come in little shoe boxes.
Delicious content: Private chefs working in the Hamptons over the summer aren’t just part of a hot niche subculture on TikTok — they’re basically reality-show stars.
Chew on this: UX Collective writes about why inclusive language matters in coding.
Ooh, cool OOH: These static LED billboards transform from day to night.
Peach Bourbon Smash
- ½ to 1 oz brown sugar simple syrup
- ½ large peach , diced
- 3 to 4 mint leaves
- 2 oz bourbon
- Splash ginger beer or seltzer water
- Add peaches, mint leaves, and simple syrup to the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Gently muddle to release the peach juices and mint oils. (Over-muddling the mint will cause it to become bitter.)
- Add bourbon, fill the shaker with ice, and shake until well-chilled. Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with ginger beer or seltzer water. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and a peach slice.
Recipe by The Striped Spatula
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Did Ya Know?
Answer: Instagram is NOT adding a “Friends of Friends” feed.
That would be BeReal, actually.
- Job search and matchmaking is coming to X.
- YouTube is testing a Shazam-like feature for music discovery.
- LinkedIn heard your criticism about its newsletter UI and made some changes.