Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of the Week
- Remember the Pride Whopper? Check out the most cringey advertising fails of 2022.
- Instagram Chief Adam Mosseri shares the platform’s three key priorities for 2023.
- According to the 2022 Digital Consumer Trends Index, email beats all other forms of customer outreach — banner ads, social media ads, organic posts, and SMS combined — by up to 108%.
- Here are influencers’ favorite (and least favorite) brands to collab with, according to influencer-transparency platform F*** You Pay Me (FYPM).
What We Learned
Monday: Don’t be afraid to try broad match on Google Ads in the new year, but monitor it closely for overspend. Creative is king, so use high-quality ad images and videos. Keep in mind that new data laws and less advertiser transparency will present unique challenges in 2023.
Tuesday: Are you up to date on the top stats for each social media platform? Here’s a rundown: 81% of Instagram users are shopping, TikTok users are scrolling for over an hour a day, Twitter’s new user sign-ups are climbing, and LinkedIn is your best bet for a new hire.
Wednesday: Your About Us page isn’t just a parking spot for your boilerplate language. Make sure you’re using clear, customer-focused language to communicate why your brand exists, how you help customers solve a problem, when you started and where you’re going, and who’s working on the team. Plus, don’t forget a CTA.
Thursday: These days, you have to help semantic search engine bots understand your content by optimizing for entity search. To give your content a competitive advantage in search, make sure you’re keeping context, search intent, and page layout in mind.
Join the Conversation
Lauryn asked, “For anyone that offers coaching or 1-on-1 training, do you use specific platform other than Superpeer?”
Ashley asked, “Does anyone know of a measurement tool for podcasts to see actual listenership numbers, geo, et al?”
Bren asked, “How and when do I give my new hire autonomy and authority while ensuring she doesn’t get run over by higher-up colleagues?”
Michelle asked, “Does anyone have a Goals/Strategies/Tactics template that they love?”
Passing the Aux
Does your podcast do a deep dive into digital marketing, advertising, SEO, design, or tech? Let’s talk sponsorships!
Drop a link and a line to get your content on The Daily Carnage.
Mocktail: Sweet Pepper Spritzer
We’re sharing our favorite mocktails this month for our friends who participate in Dry January!
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 5 leaves fresh sweet basil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 10 ounces ginger ale
- 2 lemon wheels, for garnish
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, optional garnish
- Add chunks of bell pepper to the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add torn basil leaves, lemon juice, and agave nectar. Muddle well.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain equal parts into two collins glasses with ice.
- Top with ginger ale. Garnish with lemon wheel, red pepper slice, and sprig of thyme.
Recipe by The Spruce Eats
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Gilbey’s Gin 1951
Did Ya Know?
Which brand will debut a wellness-themed Snapchat Lens this month?
Answer: Chipotle. 🥑
Chipotle is targeting Gen Z and millennials with a new Snapchat Lens and lineup of Lifestyle Bowls designed to promote wellness. The Snapchat Lens will include meditation prompts and exercises, making it the first wellness-themed lens from a restaurant brand. Plus, 100k users will get free guac.