The More You Know...
Top Posts of the Week
- The Green Giant released an adorable “Cooking with Corn Kid” video series for Thanksgiving recipes (and plenty of corn)
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort resurrects Walking Dead characters for promotions for Autodesk, Deloitte, DoorDash, MNTN, and Ring
- How’s that shopping list going? Google shared the Top 100 Most Searched Products of 2022 for some gift inspo
What We Learned
Monday: Today marks Black Friday! This whole weekend will be full of shopping and marketing strategies, but what about the next big shopping week? Cyber Week II is the week after Christmas (Dec 26-Jan 1). Channable listed ad, marketing, and strategy tips for Cyber Week II on their blog.
Tuesday: Don’t skimp on your content, or Google will think your website is weak. Thin content is content that doesn’t provide value to a user and can hurt your site’s SEO. Morning Score put together a guide with 13 ways to fix thin content with tips on identifying it in the first place.
Wednesday: MoEngage shared the top 5 lessons to learn from successful holiday marketing. They are:
- Appeal to all types of emotions.
- It’s not just about shopping, so educate, too.
- Support causes that align with your brand values.
- Find ways to reduce the stress for your customers.
- Your strategy better be mobile-first.
Thursday: No Carnage! We were too busy enjoying taters, turkey, and toasts
🥔 🦃 🥂
Join the Conversation
Fawn asked, “Question for anyone and everyone involved in the marketing realm: How do you know you are good at your job?”
Michele wrote, “With the holidays coming up, we will have holiday parties in our regional markets, but most of my team members are remote in areas where they won’t be able to attend in person. I’d love ideas how we can do a virtual holiday party that doesn’t involve food because I have one team member with a host of dietary concerns that prevent them from eating most foods. Any suggestions welcome from quiz platforms to team budding packages I can have mailed to their house, I’m open. Thanks in advance.”
The Post-Thanksgiving Special
- 1 or 2 of whatever beer could be left in the fridge.
- Rummage your leftovers.
- Crack open a cold one.
- Take a nap in stretchy pants.
Recipe by Yo Momma’s House
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Did Ya Know?
What is the weird red thing under a turkey’s beak called?
d. A wattle
Weird. In fact, there are a lot of strange names for turkey anatomy that don’t sound real.