Be in The Know
- Brace yourself: Google announced its second core update of 2023.
- A new report finds that teens prefer YouTube over Switch for gaming content.
- Holiday online sales are expected to remain stagnant this year.
- You know ’em, you follow ’em. This is the world of petfluencers.
How Marketers Feel About Threads
Threads is Meta’s hope to rival Twitter—a text-based platform that imports a user’s existing following from Instagram. Despite explosive initial growth, engagement has slowed dramatically with a 79% decrease in active users this month. SparkToro surveyed marketers to gauge early sentiment. Here’s what they found:
- Most folks are keeping an eye on the platform. 78% of respondents claimed their personal Threads account, but only 33% claimed their company or brand’s Threads account.
- Leadership isn’t interested yet. Only 14% of all respondents reported feeling pressure to create a Thread strategy.
- Marketers aren’t ready to spend. 45% of respondents probably or definitely won’t advertise on Threads if Meta makes that option available.
- But Threads is not to be ignored. 45% of respondents said Threads will probably or definitely be a top 5 social platform in 3 years.
Check out the full report at SparkToro.
Smash or Pass
Don’t love your web forms? Check out Basin. It’s a backend automation platform that integrates with your existing tech stack and simplifies your form-building and processing flow. No coding skills or technical knowledge required, no spam allowed — so you can scale and collect those leads.
Out of This World
Fashion influencer Emma Chamberlain is the latest brand ambassador for Beats by Dre, and she’s wearing two new far-out colors in this campaign: Cosmic Pink and Cosmic Silver. The Internet darling is sure to catch Gen Z’s attention.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past