Be in The Know
- Will Humane’s wearable AI Pin untether us from our phones?
- FYI: Meta is warning Group Admins to do their job or face automatic replacement.
- Here is the updated X brand toolkit, if you want to roll the dice on replacing your bird icons.
- Millennials, The Y2K-themed Walmart Summer Rewind might be coming to your city.
YouTube Tests 6 New Shorts Features
YouTube has introduced new creator tools to help you harness the energy of a platform with over 2B logged-in monthly users—and to keep up with TikTok and Reels. Check it out:
- Collab: The Collab feature lets you record a Short in a split-screen format with other videos (like a Duet).
- Effects and Stickers: Try dozens of new Shorts effects and stickers, like “Q&A,” which lets you collect answers to a question directly in your comments.
- Go Live: YouTube is currently testing a mobile-first vertical live experience that will be mixed in to the Shorts feed for maximum discoverability.
- Suggestions: This new feature bundles the audio and effect from a Short so you can quickly recreate and remix trends.
- Playlists: You can save Shorts to playlists right on YouTube, which is handy if you want to bookmark effects for future use, too.
- Recomposition: YouTube is testing features that will let you transform horizontal videos into Shorts by adjusting the layout, zoom, and crop of video segments.
Find out more about these new features and when they’ll be rolled out at YouTube.
Q for You
ATTN: Auditory learners, multitaskers, audiobook fiends, podcast fans, screen-time savers, and AI early adopters.
Recast is an iOS app and browser tool that uses the power of AI voice to transform long articles on the web into podcasts and rich audio summaries, so you can consume your Read Later list in a more engaging way. The Pro version even generates a personal RSS feed for you, so you can access your recasts from your favorite podcast app.
Got a tactic, tool, event, or some other cool thing you want to shout about?
Our community of marketers just clicks.
Buy U a HelloFresh
T-Pain & Jimmy O. Yang are whipping up new recipes in support of HelloFresh in this new campaign, in which they compete to be Brand Representative.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past