Top Posts of the Week
- Things we NEED for Father’s Day: the Miller Lite and New Balance Beer Shoezie
- UGG + Pride + Lil Nas X = an on-point campaign recipe
- TikTok publishes a guide for small businesses full of tips and case studies for using the app as a promotional tool
What We Learned
Tuesday: Search Engine Journal recapped the Google Marketing Livestream 2021 where they announced new features, reporting upgrades, and tools. Google has put a large focus on local search support, travel ad features, and more in-depth reporting all with a crack down on privacy. Check out SEJ’s full, detailed recap to brag about how in the know you are with Google.
Wednesday: It’s not enough to participate in pride month with a rainbow logo and sprinkled in social posts. Consumers want allies and advocacy for the LGBTQ+ community outside of June. Brands need to put their money where their money is. MediaPost’s Guide to Defying Rainbow-Washing gives tips including:
- Get You and Your Team Educated
- Hire LGTBTQ+ Talent and Vendors
- Get Involved with National and Local Groups
- Give Your Pride Campaigns Less Obvious Reach
Thursday: Voodle’s 2021 Hybrid Workplace Report gave solutions to the new landscape of employee engagement. Having a hybrid workplace means upping your game in personal communication. Replace long zoom calls, foster inclusion, and provide space for diverse voices to share their perspective. Voodle provides a platform for brief video messaging for async communication so that your team can be seen and heard, without sacrificing flexible work options.
Join the Conversation
Ryan wrote, “Has anyone cracked the code of LinkedIn cover images?”
Jamie posted, “A reminder for those of us in marketing.”
Abby asked, “Has anyone had success in getting a Yelp page removed? Any tips on what to say to get them to agree?”
Maddie shared, “Saw this and thought it was creative, brilliant, and on brand!”
We gotta a lotta eyes on this thing! If you own a piece of content or a tool that you think The Daily Carnage readers would enjoy, let’s hear it. We try to be know it alls, but there’s gotta be something you can share in the big, wide world of marketing.
We have plenty of ways to give you the spotlight, so here’s your time to shine.
- Just like, grab your whole bar
- 0.75 oz Vodka
- 0.75 oz Gin
- 0.75 oz White Rum
- 0.75 oz Blanco Tequila
- 0.75 oz Midori Melon Liqueur
- 0.75 oz Sour Mix
- Splash of Lemon Lime Soda
- Gather all them ingredients but the sode and combine into a cocktail shaker
- Shake it, baby
- Pour over a high ball glass filled with ice
- Top with a dash of lemon lime soda
- Garnish with your choice of fruit
Recipe from Steve the Bartender
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1986, Jose Cuervo
Mozilla Firefox originally launched under what name?
c. Mozilla Phoenix