Be in the Know
- Woah. Are you going to be a marketer suffering from a “measurement blackout”?
- Have you checked out Reddit Talks? Reddit is planning to expand their audio rooms option
- Pringles crushes their Super Bowl ad spot (with an uncrushable Pringles tube)
- Forget the Halftime Show, Go Puff is sponsoring Lil Dicky’s “Quartertime Show” and Cardi B will not be helping out with that
How to Choose the Right Advertising Channels
Here are some of the main digital advertising channels you can choose (not including all the platforms in each category):
- Paid Search
- In-App Advertising
- Apple Search Ads
- Digital Out-Of-Home
- Shopping Ads
- Metasearch Ads
Lotta options out there…So how do you go about choosing the best places to spend your ad dollars? Let’s break it down into the essentials you need to know when choosing a channel:
- Determine Objectives: Review your brand’s advertising objectives then build a strategy accordingly. Many brands might choose a channel they think they need when their objectives might be better suited for others (not everyone needs to make TikTok ads).
- Budget Beforehand: Set your budget then allocate your funds to different channels. When it comes to experimenting, expect your budget to have wiggle room.
- Spread it Out: Don’t put all your eggs in one basket! Always think about where your target audience spends their time online and diversify your ad channels to reach them through multiple touchpoints.
- Research!: Try and find as many industry benchmarks as you can per channel to predict the range of your Return On Ad Spend (ROAS).
The War Room gave a full, fat list of every ad type you can make on each one of those channels, so check out their full post when you’re choosing ad channels.
Q for You
YouTube Ad Targeting with ThoughtLeaders
We all want to use YouTube to reach new audiences, but when you advertise on irrelevant videos, you are often doing your brand more harm than good.
ThoughtLeaders has just launched a new YouTube targeting option that pinpoints the precise videos where your ads will appear. You can use ThoughtLeaders’ AI-powered search to find the YouTube videos that are the most relevant to your messaging.
With precision targeting for your ads, you can:
- Optimize your ad spend
- Significantly improve your conversions
- Make every view count
Plans start at $60 a month, but Daily Carnage readers can try it for $30 for the first month.
Need Help with Ads?
That’s Carney’s thing.
As a digital agency, we love seeing creative and strategy come together to make advertising magic happen.
We work with brands to strategize the right channels and content to make their campaigns and brands break through the noise.
Hit us up with your ad Qs! We would love to see how we can work together.
Basically Scottish ASMR
Ready for storytime?
You either love and appreciate the nuances and layers of how a whiskey tastes…or you think it tastes like barn wood. Well regardless, GlenDronach takes the whiskey craft very seriously. And they are very patient with it. This ad is all about their 50-year aged single malt whiskey. Prepare to be soothed.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1967, Colt 45
“You have to break things down to small elements and be curious about how to improve those small elements. Otherwise, you’ll just do the same thing over and over again – you won’t actually become better at it.”