Quick! No Googling...
Top Posts of the Week
- Ready to see a different type of feed? Instagram offers algorithm-free sorting options for all users
- Get ready for another lawless summer because White Claw released a new set of flavors and a surf-themed campaign
- Why You’re Using Drip Emails All Wrong (and What to Do Instead)
- LinkedIn Adds Newsletters for Company Pages, Updated Campaign Manager Navigation
What We Learned
Monday: The time has come to prepare for the take over of GA4 because Google is sunsetting Universal Analytics! All standard UA properties will stop processing new hits on July 1, 2023 with 360 Universal Analytics properties stopping on October 1, 2023. You’ll be able to access your processed data in UA for at least six months.
Tuesday: Hootsuite put together 24 TikTok stats every marketer should know. Some of the standouts are:
- TikTok was the most downloaded and the top-grossing app of 2021.
- 93% of top-performing videos use audio.
- Adding captions increases impressions by 55.7%.
- 67% of users say TikTok inspires them to shop.
Wednesday: MasterClass asked Daniel Pink, a social science author, to give 6 tips for building a great pitch. The biggest takeaway is to make it as collaborative as possible and be ready to improvise.
Thursday: A good portfolio will display your skills and your personality. Just make sure that you know what to avoid before you create your own or edit your current one. MakeUseOf put together a list of 7 mistakes to avoid for your online portfolio.
Join the Conversation
Erika wrote, “Long-time listener. First-time caller. Working with company that wants to start taking credit card point-of-sale payments (tie in to existing inventory and finance system), as well as implement e-commerce. ISO recommendations and guidance. Thanks in advance!”
Bethany shared, “*Slowly puts a sticky note with “D.A.S.T.” written on it on my computer…”
D.A.S.T. stands for “D and Swastika Test” so you don’t make any suggestive logos/designs 😬
Mark posted, “ISO: Social Media Data. I’m looking for any documentation or research that shows the direct correlation between organic social media and paid social media.”
Carla asked, “POLL: Asana, anyone using this for marketing reporting + overall project management? What are you integrating it to (e.g. Zoom, Toggl, Microsoft, etc)?”
Sweet, Simple Springtime in a Glass
- 1 1/2 ounces Vodka
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup (heat 1 part water, 1 part honey)
- 3 ounces soda water
- 1 sprig of rosemary (for garnish)
- Lavender salt (for garnish)
- Add Vodka, lemon juice, honey syrup, and ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Give it a good shake for about 30 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a glass with fresh ice, then top off with soda water.
- Give it a swirl with the sprig of fresh rosemary—then finish it all off with a pinch of lavender salt if you’re feeling fancy.
Recipe by Food52
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
How many eyes does the LG logo have?
b. One Eye