Be in the Know
- See Nordstrom’s retail media network success story of $40 million
- How safe is the Metaverse for brands?
- Dollar Shave Club expands into a different type of product that drowns out bathroom noises 💩
- Ford is splitting up its company and it’s getting a little complicated
Mastering Facebook’s Reel Ads
Social media and digital advertising are steadily on the rise year after year. A major player in that role is the emphasis on video content across social media networks like Instagram and Facebook Reels as well as TikToks.
But it can be a big science experiment when it comes to nailing sponsored content and video ads with an audience. #paid‘s blog breaks down how to master them specifically with Facebook’s Reels ads, but also how to make those ads transferrable.
How Facebook Reels play into a social strategy:
Despite the Meta changes happening, Facebook remains a substantial social leader and essential for advertisers reaching a wider variety of demographics. One of their new ad features includes Reels for Facebook – 30-second videos.
Repurposing Facebook Reels:
- You might as well let your content do double work. However, it’s not a one-size-fits-all when it comes to video ads.
- Experiment with making TikToks and trying them for Reels, and making Reels ads and trying them on TikTok.
- Regardless, keep videos short and sweet, 30 seconds being the sweet spot for most videos.
Creative Approaches When Making Reels:
- “Things You Didn’t Know” Storylines – It’s often framed like a testimonial that introduces something as a new discovery.
- Problem + Solutions – The approach is used in pretty much every ad format there is, but for video content you can make it more entertaining.
- Tutorials – A product application or tutorial is often a great hook for viewers.
Check out the full rundown from a Facebook Creative Partner on #paid‘s blog for more video ad insights.
Q for You
VOCHI Video Effects
Add crazy video effects without the design expertise. Upgrade your video edits with eye-catching, mind-bending VOCHI Video Effects. It’s an iOs app that has powerful object recognition for more than just filters or stickers. But if glitch effects are your thing, that’s their specialty.
And they’re adding effects every week, so check it out!
Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing
We’ve been gearing you up with all the resources you need to plan ahead…but sometimes you just need an agency’s touch.
In case you didn’t know, Carney is the digital agency behind The Daily Carnage. We’re planners at heart for advertising, go-to-market strategies, top-to-bottom website development, email marketing, and so much more.
Our team of designers, developers, and strategists love building brands up.
Have a project for us? Let us hear it!
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“It’s not just what you upload, it’s the strategy with which you upload.”