Be in the Know
- You fancy Airbnb! The home sharing giant is featuring high-cost rentals as part of a luxury push.
- Say goodbye to the ‘notification dot.’ Well, not quite yet, but Facebook may let you turn it off soon.
- The Wayfair walkout. To protest sales of furniture to a migrant detention camp, Wayfair employees are scheduling a walkout at 1:30pm today.
- Your go-to show on Netflix (aka The Office) is leaving the streaming service in 2021. 😢
7 Critical Steps of Product Marketing
We’re talking about a different kind of PM today. Not private messaging or post meridiem, but product marketing.
Product marketing can be a little confusing to define. After all, it’s one of the few job functions that touches product, marketing, and sales.
So, how do we define it?
Cue Hubspot definition:
The process of bringing a product to market. This includes deciding the product’s positioning and messaging, launching the product, and ensuring salespeople and customers understand it. Product marketing aims to drive the demand and usage of the product.
As marketers, we all know that a good product means nothing if it doesn’t reach the right audience.
So, how do you ensure success on your next product launch? Follow these 7 steps.
- Product Research: It’s not the most glamorous step, but it is crucial. In this step, product developers and marketers work closely together testing the product in a controlled environment.
- Product Story: Here’s where you define your who, what, why, and how. Think about the problem your product solves and how it differs from your competition.
- Product-Focused Content: This step is all about content creation. Your content creators will focus on marketing copy, blog posts, case studies, landing pages, and more.
- Product Launch Plan: Your product launch plan will list out who is responsible for what. It’s important to be extremely detailed with your launch plan and to consider every last detail.
- Product Launch Meeting: It’s go time. When your product is launched, get the team together to discuss how it’s going.
- Community Engagement: As your product begins to gain steam, consider capitalizing on what the market is saying about it. Reach out to partners, influencers, press, and existing customers.
- Sales and Marketing: Communication is key throughout the entire product launch between your sales and marketing team. ‘This ensures the messaging created for the product is consistent all the way through to the first sales call.’
All of the Marketing Resources
Today’s feature is going to overwhelm you, but in the best way possible.
fyi includes over 300+ free marketing templates and resources across 16 categories of Marketing from popular document apps including G Suite, Airtable, Coda, Notion, Trello, Tettra, Miro and more.
You’re gonna wanna check it out. 👇
Be Kind to Yourself
KIND snacks new-ish commercial is not so kind to Clif energy bars.
The ad opens up with the following; “Did you know the first ingredient in a Clif® Chocolate Chip Energy Bar is brown rice syrup, which is just another name for sugar?”