Top Posts of the Week
- Taco Bell turns the moon into a billboard for its first global campaign
- 4 Ways to Amplify Your Customer Experience on Instagram in 2021 [Infographic]
- Facebook Shares 4 Ways It’s Improving News Feed Ranking
- How to Boost the Performance of Every Blog Article You Write
What We Learned
Monday: Neil Patel listed 5 types of backlinks you don’t want. They are:
- Links from spammy sites.
- Links from link-mill websites
- PR release links
- Links from sites unrelated to your industry
- Discussion forum and blog comment links
Tuesday: Databox shared 12 tips for improving your Facebook A/B tests. Tips included limiting the changes you make, taking advantage of the Facebook algorithm, considering the time frame, and considering human psychology.
Wednesday: Convince & Convert talked about how to boost the performance of every blog article you write.
- Add a section where you answer related questions.
- Create and embed videos.
- Diversify your in-content calls to action.
Thursday: WordStream covered 5 things to check now to ensure your site is ready for mobile-first indexing. Among them were:
- Make sure Googlebot can access and render your content.
- Make sure content is the same on desktop and mobile.
- Check your structured data.
Join the Conversation
Amber asked, “How do y’all feel about typos in resumes? What would you all consider a small typo vs a big one? Let’s discuss!”
Taryn wrote, “Let’s discuss the new iOS (ATT) update. How do you think it’s going to affect ad costs? Are you planning to pull out of running FB ads, cut down, no change?”
Gina said, “Looking for some Gen Z marketing inspiration, particularly on Twitch and Discord. Which brands are killing it on those platforms?”
Marci posted, “I’m looking for brilliant examples to show my students the difference between an ad & evergreen content (videos, ideally!)”
Work With Us
So you’ve got a nifty marketing tool and you’re looking to get the word out about it. If only there was an email audience of 25,000+ marketers to get your message in front of…
If this line of thought resonates with you at all, then you’ll be glad to know that The Daily Carnage has various sponsorship opportunities to get the word out about your brand. Hit us up and let’s get rolling.
Strawberry Gin Smash
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 lime wedge
- 3 fresh strawberries, 2 hulled and sliced and 1 reserved for garnish
- 3 ounces gin
- Club soda
- Fresh mint sprig, for garnish
In a tall glass, combine the sugar and a squeeze of juice from the lime wedge. Muddle with the back of a spoon to dissolve the sugar. Add the sliced strawberries and lightly muddle.
Fill the glass with ice and add the gin. Top with a splash of club soda and garnish with the last strawberry and a sprig of mint.
Recipe from Kitchn
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Businesses are making _______ for every $1 spent on influencer marketing.