Be in the Know
- Shake Shack launched a “Can’t Fly? Have a Fry” campaign that gives free French fry vouchers to travelers with cancelled flights
- Lay’s released an 80-proof potato vodka that sold out in just a few hours (a true bummer for your holiday party)
- Forever 21 is launching Forever 21 Shop City on Roblox, making it another mainstream brand to join the metaverse as a virtual shopping experience
- Ikea Saudi Arabia released a cushion with a lump for breast cancer awareness and remind people of the importance of self-examination
The Greatest Gift Guides of the Year
It’s not too late to get that special someone something. Often times, marketing and retail go hand in hand. We wanted to run through some of this year’s top gift buying guides. See if you’re missing anything off your list (don’t forget to treat yo self, too).
These are some of our favorite gift guides from around the internet that fit someone you might have in your life, with our top pick from each list.
No. 1 – For the Creator in Your Life (it might be yourself)
- Wacom One Drawing Tablet
No. 2 – For the Person Who Has Everything
- A Personalized Cameo from Mr. T (we pity the fool that doesn’t want that)
No. 3 – For Anyone Working From Home
- A Web Cam Ring Light
No. 4 – For the Person Loves to Try New Things
- Hot Sauce of the Month Club Subscription
No. 5 – For the People You Don’t Even Like
- A Teddy Bear…that never stops singing
- An honorable mention being a rock in a box (cue the evil laugh)
Advent calendars have long been a way for brands to really get creative with their holiday themed collections, capsules, or samples. They are a way to expand their customer base and often times are coveted stocking stuffers that fly off of shelves (we’re talking to you, mini-bottle Jim Beam whiskey calendar).
Advent calendars that went wrong:
TikTok’s influence on retail is huge. Chanel’s No. 5 fragrance-themed advent calendar featured an array of low-to-mid-value items for a high-value price tag of $825 (!). Customers on TikTok tore Chanel to shreds, making it one of the most notable calendars of the year…for the wrong reason.
Advent calendars that went right:
BUT many brands have been extremely thoughtful to how to do it up right this year.
- Dior: This luxury brand featured 24 of their cosmetic and fragrance staples in one of the most beautiful packages in the biz.
- Godiva: Advent calendars are most known for having treats, particularly chocolate. This one wins for having the best sweets variety of the year.
- Wüfers: This pup-friendy calendar wins for having top rated treats in the cutest advent book.
Q for You
Writing your lists and checking them twice? To-do items are always going to need organized and there are lot of apps out there to do it. Any.do is a beautifully designed option to help you out for both personal and professional use. It offers all of the usual features of to-do apps but also has push notifications you get each morning telling you to plan your day, voice entry, and (depending on the device) the ability to shake your device to clear finished tasks.
Work With Carney
You’ve seen our newsletter, but have you seen our best work yet? It could be with your brand.
In case you didn’t know, Carney is the digital agency behind The Daily Carnage. Our team is dedicated to delivering stunning first impressions, stellar user experiences, strategic paid advertising campaigns, and everything in between.
Learn more about working with Carney by smashing that button below!
We Know the Feeling
This BMW ad has us relating pretty hard to running away from social gatherings. Actor Christoph Waltz tries to flee the mingling and small talk, all in vain. After running bobbing and weaving through BMW’s classics, he still finds himself in the middle of the BMW Christmas party. At least he gets to go home in style.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”