Be in the Know
- 1Password’s new ad features Ryan Reynolds, who proudly presents his own solution for remembering his (punny af) logins
- See how Modelo is redesigning its cans in honor of Día De Los Muertos
- McDonald’s Haloween pun #TrickOrEat isn’t going over so well on Twitter
- World Vegan Day is Nov. 1 and Oscar Mayer is celebrating with a “BacOff” campaign and giving away bacon to those who abstain from eating bacon during the holiday
How to Fix the 14 Most Common Content Strategy Mistakes
If your content isn’t moving you toward your goal, your content strategy isn’t working. But what can ya do? Well, Go Visually put together a list of counter-strategies to some of the most common mistakes marketers make. Let’s get into it by listing our top favorites from the list:
1) Not Documenting Your Strategy: Often times, teams are operating content creation without a true process. The fix: Physically map out a content strategy with assign tasks, goals, and approvals.
2) Working without audience analysis: If you’re don’t know who you’re trying to reach, or assuming (gasp) that you know your audience, your content probably won’t connect. The fix: Talk to your potential customers, ask questions about what they care about, and get inside their minds to understand your ideal audience.
3) Lacking Consistent Content: Be sure your content isn’t created and published inconsistently. One-off pieces are cool from time to time, but a cohesive content plan is better. The fix: Break your strategy down into “content campaigns” that also ensure you’re tailoring content for each audience.
4) No Goals? No Way: Posting to post doesn’t help anyone out. To be truly effective, every piece of content should be mapped to a goal. The fix: Simply ask yourself: “why?” and “what?”
5) Swerving Market Trends: Marketers can struggle to stay up to date not just with popular market trends, but the latest competitors’ movements as well. The fix: Sometimes a coincidental event can turn into an opportunity for you to expand your content. When you have your core strategy in place, being flexible to tackle new trends becomes a lot more manageable.
Check out the other 9 common mistakes and a whole bunch of content ideas on Go Visually’s blog!
Relax, The Mailchimp & Co Community’s Got You.
It’s hard out here for agencies, freelancers, and consultants alike. Luckily, there is strength in numbers. Mailchimp & Co is a global community that can help you learn new skills, earn certifications, grow your network, and get resources and tools to better manage your clients. It can help you manage your clients and projects in smarter ways – all while enjoying insider perks and financial rewards.
Joining is easy and FREE. You may be missing out on perks for using Mailchimp already, so check it out!
Stop, Hammer Time
Supporting a brand’s marketing goals is a lot like fixing up a house.
🔨 🔨 🔨
You have a foundation, but you may be in desperate need of a fresh coat of paint or patching holes. Either way, you’ll need a good inspection and the right tools.
So call up Carney! We’d love to discuss your current efforts, audit your assets, and map out your new plans.
Let’s get started! We’re ready to do the heavy lifting.
Dark, Scary, Wrinkly Things
Sun-Maid knows it’s the last “treat” kids are looking for on Halloween night, and they embrace it. Sun-Maid’s “raisin zombies” and witchy sun-maid are taking over towns. They invite you to follow the spooky season content on Sun-Maid’s TikTok.
Sun-Maid said it best about knowing your audience and content that gets them to see you in a different light: “As soon as we embraced our status as a trick-or-treat villain and began having some fun with that image, the sooner we began to make people laugh with us instead of at us.”
Ads from the PastAds from the Past