What to learn next
You decide, folks – What will we learn tomorrow?
*|SURVEY: The Best Content Review and Approval Process to Eliminate Errors|*
*|SURVEY: 5 Ways to Use LinkedIn to Power Your Business|*
(FYI, for these polls, we’re using MailChimp merge tags. You won’t be able to cast your vote when viewing TDC in a browser. So stay in the email if you want a say for Thursday’s Tactic feature!😊)
Be in the Know
- Shopping via smart speakers is not taking off, report suggests
- Cards Against Humanity acquires ClickHole, will make employees the majority owners
- Election tech was supposed to clean up the Iowa caucus — instead, it may have killed it
- Google admits it sent private videos in Google Photos to strangers
Squarespace vs. WordPress: Which one is better for your website?
Are you ready to rummmble? In one corner, we have the heavyweight champ, WordPress against its audacious challenger, Squarespace! Who will take the rightful place as the single best-known site creator? It’s all up to you.
Folks, we’re tackling an age-old question today. Which is better: WordPress or Squarespace? Though it may not be as exciting as a caged, wrestling match for a world title, it’s still important you have all the facts before making a decision and taking it to your boss.
Luckily for us, our friends at Flywheel brought us the gritty details to make that decision easier. Let’s dive in.
Ability to launch your site
- Squarespace: No hosting/domain name worries. Simply create an account, choose a template and you’re on your way.
- WordPress: Yes, you need a domain name, a web host, and to install WP on your site. But you get full creative power.
Ease of Use
- Squarespace: The block editor allows you to add content blocks and mix-up your layout, but it lacks in customization. In a few hours, you can have a website launched.
- WordPress: There is a learning curve to creating on WP, but the payoff is beautiful. Plus, there’s a WordPress community to fall back on when you need help.
- Squarespace: Live chat and email are included in a paid plan with Squarespace. All we gotta say thank the marketing gods. Nothing is worse than needing help and having to jump through hoops to get it.
- WordPress: When it comes to support, WordPress offers community forums and meetups. This way you have resources to answer your qs when needed.
Interested in launching a new site or upgrading an old one? This article covers an in-depth analysis of WordPress v. Squarespace from content management and SEO to maintenance and integrations. It’s one solid read!
No Strings Attached Website Analysis
While we’re on the topics of websites… when’s the last time you did a site audit? If it’s been a while, one great and free tool to use is the Website Auditor by Link-Assistant.
Get a clear glimpse of how your site is really performing with on-page optimizations, and solid data visualizations like:
- Technical site optimization
- Competitors’ on-page intelligence
- Site structure visualizations
- In-app content optimization
- On-page SEO audit
- TF-IDF analysis
Check-ch-check-check-check-ch-check it out!
What we're listening to...
We’ve All Been There
You know that moment when you’re enjoying a good sleep… Then your eyes burst open and you jolt awake because subconsciously, you realized ya accidentally put a plastic water bottle in the regular trash instead of the recycling bin…
Well, as we all make the effort to dispose of our garbage properly, it’s very easy to forget what items go in which bins. Remembering what each numbered triangle on plastics represents is a never-ending struggle.
Friends of the Earth wants us to know that we’re not alone in our efforts. Here you’ll see quite an extreme example of someone being extraordinarily diligent in their disposal habits. Hats off to you if you take similar measures!
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.”