Be in the Know
- Love some sauce? Heinz UK made “spoon friez” for those needing a better Heinz sauce vessel
- Krispy Kreme and Good Humor have partnered up for a perfect treat collaboration
- HBO and Duolingo have a language-based promotion ahead the Game of Thrones spin-off
- Move over Christopher Meloni, Liquid Death has comedian Bert Kreischer in its latest ad
3 Ingredients to Your Secret Sauce [Podcast]
One of the biggest pieces of advice brands get is to show off what makes them unique. This is true for both companies and individuals. So how do you find your own secret sauce, bottle it up, and sell it to the world? Check out this podcast by Scotty Russell. He speaks often about freelance coaching and how to market your creative work, but this applies to anyone trying to find their angle.
Here’s how to find the ingredients to your secret sauce:
- Start with Experiences: Your story is your most powerful asset. And consumers love storytelling. Don’t think you have a story to tell? Well, that’s still a story. You may be trying to make it like everyone else, but still, no one can replicate your story. Start jotting down your story or past experiences and see what that looks like.
- Skills & Strengths: Outside of your journey, what can you offer that others can’t (or can’t offer nearly as well)? List of any type of skills, credentials, strengths you have. Then try and understand any overlap or outlying skills that are competitive.
- Your Identity: What is at your core as a brand or person? Narrow down what matters to you and why you do what you do. If you end up with too many things, they can conflict. Russell suggests picking up to five “buckets” of these categories: interests, passions, beliefs, or values. Jot them down and see where you overlap on topics to understand more about what makes you tick.
Rome wasn’t built in a day and your brand won’t be either. Your sauce is going to take some cooking and tasting to perfect. Check out the full podcast and post by Scotty Russell for tips on getting there.
Q for You
Wanna know how your customers feel about you? You might wanna start getting a Net Promoter Score (NPS). SatisMeter is a feedback tool that uses surveys to track your NPS.
There are a lot of NPS tools out there already. SatisMeter takes it a step further with more options like general surveys outside of NPS collection, in-app/on-site surveys, and a whole lotta integrations with your existing tech stack. Check it out to see if it fits your review, NPS, or survey management needs (or maybe all of the above).
Need Some Secret Sauce?
We see you checking us out every day. Wanna know how we grew this newsletter? It took a special recipe of the right people, the right ingredients, and a whole bunch of hungry marketers.
You know, we’re not just a newsletter.
Carney is the creative agency behind hundreds of successful digital campaigns, rebranding projects, and eye-catching websites. Looking for help with a project? We’d love to help!
Shoot us an email.
This Little Piggy 🐷
Why did we start keeping money inside piggie banks?
Well, you’re not gonna get the answer from this ad from Confused.com. Instead, you get a little story about how a thief is stowing away his stash and needs a spot to hide his coins. He looks to his pet pig and the rest is made-up history.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1957, Dow Chemical Company