Be in the Know
- Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack flavored Pepsi? That’s right, Pepsi is releasing a Cracker Jack flavor for baseball playoffs
- Jessica Simpson has fully regained ownership of her clothing brand from Sequential Brands Group, Inc.
- We will never stop sharing pizza-themed clothing so check out this Digiorno loungewear set from their merch store
- Mercedes-Benz released a cool, branded bicycle that has a wild price tag
The Netflix Effect in Effect
- Back at it Again with the White Vans: What happens when you have an absolute hit show that features a simple wardrobe staple around Halloween? You get shoes flying off of shelves. Case in point: Squid Game’s influence on a 7,800% spike in white slip-on Vans sales. READ MORE
- The Witcher Multi-verse: Nerds rejoice! The Witcher is an adaptation to the video game series, which is an adaption of a book series. Upon the Netflix series release, a new wave of interest in the franchise came about just in time for a surge in Witcher 3 video game sales. READ MORE
- A Whole Gambit of Sales: How does one of the oldest board games become one of the hottest selling Christmas gifts of 2020? Netflix. The show created a phenomenon in retail, online game forums, and the original novel of the same name. It makes you wonder what else Netflix can influence if it can boom something like chess. READ MORE
- All is Fair in Love and Binges: Book-to-streaming adaptations are expected to boost book sales. Bridgerton was no exception as people flocked to the novel series. What the Netflix show also helped was pop culture obsessions over the romantic genre and, more importantly, social discussions around representation. READ MORE
- Amplify the Vamps: Castlevania was an otherwise obscure video game before being adapted by Netflix. Now Reddit threads are everywhere trying to find the game. This is also an example of Netflix influencing its own sales possibilities. Boosting the subculture around Anime, Netflix can bolster merch and additional content. READ MORE
Download the examples for yourself or check out the INTERACTIVE VERSION.
Q for You
You’re seeing today’s tool in action with our Netflix Effect infographic! Check it out HERE.
We love testing out tools to share for you and we’ve been on an interactive-image-maker kick. Turn any image, presentation, or infographic into something more interesting and engaging! Genially is a pretty cool, easy to use tool that lets you add animations and hot spots to your projects. It’s editor is fool-proof, but they also have plenty of templates to start from. The best part? Downloads and sharable links are free! Give it shot to punch up your content with more interactive features.
Q’s all around!
Engage your own subscribers by asking them to share their opinions. On anything and everything.
Scalemail Polls let you add questions right into your newsletters or emails so you can ask your audience at the source.
Smash that button to set up a demo.
Microsoft released Windows 11 and they basically made an epic, surreal trailer all about it. The includes apps floating all over, whole new dimensions, and just chilling in a HALO game. It’s a digital fantasy that is fun to look at. But we are disappointed that we saw no MS Paint action because we have heard amazing things about the classic paint program getting a makeover.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“No one knows what’s a good idea or a bad idea until you try it.”