Be in The Know
- The Ray Ban Stories 👓 were a total flop.
- White Claw’s new campaign is built on the stat that 54% of employed Americans haven’t planned a summer vacation.
- Is Google’s Search Generative Experience simply a “plagiarism machine” ?
- Zillow has reached verb brand status.
A Closer Look at Google’s Search Generative Experience
Google’s Search Generative Experience (SGE) is still in development but poised to radically change the future of search.
Google is killing the 10 blue links in favor of synthesizing hyper-relevant and accurate information generated by AI in a conversational tone.
Here’s what users who enable SGE in Search Labs can expect:
- A colorful, multimedia box at the top of your search results.
- A more personalized, AI-generated response to your query with the potential for in-line links.
- Three relevant article links with publication dates to the right.
- The option to ask a follow-up question or select from additional queries at the bottom.
- Below the summarization, four sponsored links are displayed with featured snippets, if applicable.
- After sponsored links, the four-question dropdown menu for “People Also Ask” appears.
- Finally, organic search results are displayed.
Clearly, conversational search will have dramatic implications for marketers and SEOs. Check out The Verge’s update for more info.
Q for You
Docs Online Viewer
Is your Downloads folder a graveyard of PDFs you thought you needed? Same. This Chrome extension puts a little cloud icon next to PDFs in your SERPs, allowing you to view them directly from your browser. No downloads. No email signups required to view.
Hosted by The Daily Carnage
Join The Daily Carnage for “Navigating SEO and AI,” this Wednesday, August 9 at 1:00 p.m. EST.
Carney’s rockstar SEO strategist Emily B. Yost will walk us through search marketing in the generative AI era.
Emily is an SEO with over 10 years experience working with clients like Walgreens, DICKs Sporting Goods, Quicken, LendingClub and more. She has a passion for chasing consumers, not algorithms and educating marketing professionals on the value of SEO.
Settling The Score
Hyundai is celebrating the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™ with a short film that takes us back to the 1850s to remind us that while women were traditionally left out of the game, they’re an integral part of the sport’s history.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past