Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of the Week
- Big with Gen Z: seaweed, fungi, and train journeys — according to Pinterest’s predictions.
- Instagram announced a game-changing update (including that “Notes” feature reminiscent of your AIM status).
- Skip to the good part: Google is piloting a test to expand its search capacity within videos.
- Netflix’s hit show Emily in Paris will feature a storyline on a real-life McDonald’s campaign as part of an innovative partnership.
What We Learned
Monday: RIP to the static homepage. Your best bet is to decrease your page-load time, privilege critical content above the fold, avoid flicker, personalize everything, and don’t skimp on good design.
Tuesday: Your professional bio is probably stale. But you have a great personality, right? Entrepreneur has you covered with 13 ideas to spice up your bio for colleagues and clients.
Wednesday: Spotify Wrapped is a case study in viral campaign success. Building excitement with an annual tradition, generating irresistibly sharable content, and offering real social value to your users can skyrocket your Twitter mentions.
Thursday: The zero-clicks phenomenon might be affecting your SEO strategy. Semrush’s numbers suggest that the journey a user takes toward their destination may be way more complex than we thought. One thing is for sure: users are looking for immediate results from snippets and Direct Answers.
Join the Conversation
Marta asked, “What are the best elements of a conference or company retreat you’ve experienced?”
Sarah shared “The 12 Days of Marketing Christmas,” generated by ChatGPT’s AI.
Michelle asked for recommendations for a top-tier content strategy conference to attend in 2023.
Samantha asked, “Anyone know where I can get certifications for Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Service Cloud—from a marketer’s standpoint?”
'Tis the Season
The Daily Carnage team will be OOO to eat, drink, and be merry—but we’ll be back in your inbox on Tuesday the 27th.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 oz heavy cream
- .5 oz maple syrup
- .25 oz St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
- 1.5 oz Paul Beau VS Cognac
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients into a shaker.
- Shake without ice first, then add ice and shake again to chill and dilute the eggnog slightly (by about 1 ounce).
- Strain into a chilled glass and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
Recipe by Town & Country
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1957, Appian Way Pizza
Did Ya Know?
Which fast food chain’s “$10 Chicken and Wine” deal has been Japan’s favorite Christmas dinner since 1974?
“KFC came to Japan in 1970, and held the first Christmas campaign in 1974, selling the combination of KFC’s original recipe chicken and a bottle of wine,” says Yuko Nakajima, chief marketing officer of KFC Japan. “Fried chicken and wine became a hit right away and a new Christmas custom for the Japanese market was introduced. This quickly evolved into a tradition for the market, ‘Fried Chicken for Christmas’.”