Top Posts of the Week
- Tinder Swipe Night 🔥 The World’s Last Blockbuster 🎥 and a whole lotta gaming 🎮 See all the winners of AdWeek’s 2021 Experiential Awards.
- For your daily dose of “aww”: Wendy’s took a young fan’s commercial idea and made it a reality the next day on Twitter.
- We mentioned sonic branding before. See what brands are doing it up right lately.
- Canadian Waze users will be rewarded by Heinz and Burger King for driving the speed of ketchup.
What We Learned
Mondays: As designers and developers, we have to be mindful of accessible products. Here are some ways of making UX less stressful for all involved according to UX Collective’s piece, Inclusive UX in an Era of Anxiety:
- For any essential task, the more channels a user can access, the better.
- Write your copy to be as clear but concise as possible and only request information you absolutely need.
- Prepare for system failure and human error at every touch point.
Tuesday: KMWorld’s Best Practices to Eliminating Data Chaos was all about how to ensure your data is being managed properly and securely, to avoid mismanagement. Embracing cloud collaboration was at the forefront of solutions.
Wednesday: Not all text content is created equal, obvi. Forbes gave a breakdown of terms in Content Writing Vs. Copywriting in Digital Marketing. The basics? Content writing lives to entertain and educate your readers, while copywriting is used for the purpose of persuasion or triggering action.
Thursday: Oh boy, a lot of unhappy campers with Apple’s latest updates. The Drum gave an amazing summary in Understanding Apple iOS 15’s Privacy Updates. The biggies:
- Private Relay: This will encrypt users’ internet traffic on Safari/give an anonymous IP address.
- App Privacy Reports: These reports will show what apps are doing what.
- Mail Privacy Protection: Users can decide how much personal information is shared with email senders, restrict access to their IP addresses, and disable tracking pixels.
- Hide My Email: This new feature enables the creation of single-use, randomly-generated email addresses.
- Siri Updates: Siri will be able to process audio without an internet connection. Siri will also be able to process speech right on devices.
Join the Conversation
Michael shared, “What new tech/channel has you saying ‘I’m too old for this shit?’”
Hannah inquired, “Social listening quandary for the smartest group of marketers on Facebook: We are trying to build a social listening report for a brand that has a name that easily gets mixed into everyday conversations and need to figure out how to filter out the noise.”
Erin posted, “You are not alone, NPR. Loved how you handled this.”
Nancy wrote, “Needing some brand inspo! What are some brands that do a great job of marketing to a wide demographic? Brands that reach kids but also young adults.”
Your Knife Block
The Daily Carnage is your newsletter to make you the sharpest marketer in the room 🔪 Carney is the dynamic digital agency behind it all. We’re a whole knife block of sharp guys and gals, at your service.
Let us help you with your next big website, email, marketing move.
Watermelon Basil Martini
- 1 cup fresh watermelon – chopped
- 2 large basil leaves
- 2.5 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce St. Germain Liqueur
- small watermelon slice and basil leaf for garnish
- In a large glass, muddle the watermelon with two basil leaves to release as much juice as possible.
- Strain through a fine sieve and reserve the juice.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add 2.5 ounces of the watermelon juice, vodka, and St. Germain.
- Shake it, baby.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a watermelon slice and basil leaf.
Recipe from Inspired by Charm
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1960, United States Steel
MC Hammer’s “U Can’t Touch This” was featured in which brand’s commercial in the past?
e. All of the above (because MC Hammer is 2 legit 2 quit)