Q for You
Be In The Know
- Devoted Dad Surprises Graduating Daughter With Front Yard Ceremony After Hers Was Canceled
- Google Lists 5 Key Trends Shaping Consumer Behavior Amid COVID-19
- Europe to Facebook: Pay taxes and respect our values — or we’ll regulate
- Instagram Adds New ‘Guides’ Profile Section to Help Users Connect with Resources and Products
The 3.5-Minute Google Analytics-Driven Website Audit
We’re a team full of data fanatics, and the folks at Orbit Media seem to be too. If you share in that fandom then you’re gonna love today’s feature. We’re learning how to use Google Analytics (GA) to perform a super quick website audit. Let’s dig in…
- Are there broken pages or bad URLs? We’ve all experienced a 404 page. Maybe your fingers went rogue and mistyped or misclicked something sending you to a page that doesn’t exist.
- In GA, use this navigation: Behavior > Site Content > Page Title dimension, filter for *Page Not Found*
- Redirect traffic from these pages to the most relevant page OR create content on these URLs
- Make your 404-page awesome by adding links to other web pages, adding humor, creating an apology video.
- Is your shopping cart broken on certain browsers? Much of our job is picking up what our fans are putting down. Data from your e-commerce shopping cart can reveal a whole lot about your buying process. Specifically, discover which browsers are causing problems for customers and making it difficult for them to buy.
- Here’s how to check it out in GA: Audience > Technology > Browser & OS (Conversion Rate).
- Now you can either call on the developer den or use a tool like HotJar to watch screen recordings of actual visitors.
- Is your site not working on some devices? COVID-19 caused a behavior shift as the public is consuming content at skyrocketing rates and is using multiple devices to do it. So, make sure your site can handle this heightened behavior.
- Let GA show you what’s up: Audience > Mobile > Devices (Bounce Rate)
- You’re looking for an outlier. Engagement and conversion metrics will naturally vary across devices but it should be fairly similar.
Alrighty, fam we’re wrapping it up but Orbit Media covers much more. Move on over to catch the rest!
What We're Listening To...
Marketing O’ Clock
with The Cypress North Team
Work with Us
Like hips, data don’t lie. We’re constantly tuned-in to reports, strategically tracking and managing our output to increase conversions.
Our team offers the best solutions to your problems and ensures your campaigns are the most effective. Let’s work together.
The word “unprecedented” has been used so much lately and hearing
it without its prefix just sounds a bit odd. But amidst all the unprecedented
stuff going on right now, there are indeed many precedented things
Aldi brings us an ad about a news crew trying to get a breaking news
story out of a woman who is on her way back from the grocery store.
Not for toilet paper – just for food. And she didn’t pay sky-high prices,
because she shopped at Aldi for some precedented low prices.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.”