Be in The Know
- Dejected Eagles fans were consoled by their favorite comfort food with Kraft Mac & Cheese’s #NoodleHug in Philly.
- A LinkedIn study found that 91% of users are more inclined to apply to job listings with salary ranges included.
- Remember the devious Kia Challenge on TikTok? Well, your car might be eligible for a anti-theft software upgrade.
- Next year’s Super Bowl LVIII logo just dropped, marking a return to the host-city homage designs of years past.
Best Practices for XML Sitemaps
An XML (extensible markup language) sitemap is a website file that lists pages you want search engines to index. It’s not a requirement, especially for smaller websites; and if you’re using a CMS like WordPress, Wix, Shopify, or Squarespace, you don’t have to worry about it. But for minimal effort, it can give your SEO a boost. So, here’s some best practices for creating sitemaps:
- Include only those URLs you want to be indexed by search engines, and those which return a 200 status code (no redirects or error status codes).
- Your sitemap files should not exceed 50MB or 50,000 URLs. When multiple sitemaps are required, use a sitemap index to list all of them.
- Make sure your sitemap is UTF-8 encoded.
- Include links to localized version(s) of each URL.
- Update your sitemap with new URLs, and document when old URLs have last been updated (the “lastmod” attribute).
- Link to your sitemap from your robots.txt file.
- Submit your sitemap to Google via the Google Search Console.
You can create an XML sitemap manually or use a generator tool that updates your file automatically. Visit Semrush to get started on yours.
Smash or Pass ❤️/💔
Inspyder Sitemap Creator
Automatically generate accurate and compatible XML sitemaps of any size or type with Inspyder’s Sitemap Creator desktop tool, which includes a built-in FTP/FTPS/SFTP client and email notifications when your sitemap has been uploaded to the server. The whole process takes only a few minutes.
Need to gauge public sentiment, forecast trends, or back up a hunch with hard data? Tap into our vast community of multiple-choice lovin’ marketers with a sponsored poll.
Friends with Bennys 🍳
This year, Denny’s offered Valentine’s Day gift cards worth two classic breakfasts (eggs benedict, anyone?) at the diner chain, plus the chance to get married at a pop-up wedding chapel in Vegas. This saucy little campaign makes light of the otherwise expensive holiday. Grand slam.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past