Be in the Know
- KitKat made a never-ending trick-or-treat bowl just in time for Halloween 🎃
- Kellogg’s created an “Eggo Nog” by partnering up with a Tennessee distillery
- Come one! Come all! See how the Privacy Shield 2.0 Data Protection Law affects businesses
- Does cold weather get you down? Here are tips for wintertime motivation and mental health
5 of the Best SEO Plugins (with Pros and Cons)
WordPress is one of the most popular CMS options out there. It’s easy to use on the backend and has A TON of plugins to help boost your site at the click of a button. When it comes to SEO, we always advise a hands-on approach to auditing and optimizing. BUT plugins make it so much easier to go through SEO checklists.
Here are 5 of the top SEO plugins:
- Pros: It’s user-friendly and accessible; pinpoints basic content-based SEO flaws; and proofreads for spelling errors or wrong keywords.
- Cons: It uses a “stoplight” scoring approach (which can be rigid), it doesn’t always understand intent of content, and the free version is near useless with limitations.
- Pros: It’s easy to use, you can import settings from other plugins, it’s FREE, and it comes with an amazing redirection module.
- Cons: It can be difficult to move from RankMath to any other WordPress SEO plugin; the scoring system should be taken with a grain of salt.
All in One SEO Pack
- Pros: It’s simple to set up; it helps to automatically optimize the titles of your site; and you can turn on and off the advanced tools that control tagging, search engine following, and indexing.
- Cons: It doesn’t have SEO scoring and content analysis; it can be difficult to import data from Google Search Console.
- Pros: You can use it for an unlimited number of websites; it has a Link Manager to help you to build your internal links; it has Google News setup; helps with monitoring broken links and re-creating SEO-friendly URLs.
- Cons: It has a more complicated set-up process and it’s difficult to import the configurations from other SEO plugins.
The SEO Framework
- Pros: It’s capable of generating critical SEO meta tags in various languages, it has customizable technical SEO settings, easy metadata optimization, and it’s FREE.
- Cons: The free version doesn’t have some features like on-page SEO content assistance.
Check out all the details for these plugins at the WP Security Ninja blog.
Q for You
Lose the Very
There is a writing rule-of-thumb that if you use the word “very,” your vocabulary is lacking more descriptive words. Keep your writing colorful with this free online tool. Put a word in the generator and see what other words you could be using. Or, give the “Random” button a few pushes if you are just looking to add some words to your brain bank.
It’s a new and growing tool. If you feel like you have words worthy of the generator, there is an option to add to it!
More Than a Newsletter
Staying on top of trends, tools, and the shifting world of digital marketing is what we do! We don’t just do it for our Carnage readers. We do it to deliver the best experiences for our clients. Websites, design, email, marketing strategy, and SEO are just some of our faves.
Let us help your brand stay on top of things, too. Smash the button to talk about your next big move.
All that Glitters
The world is a gallery and your oyster. Creativity has been cited as one of the most in-demand skills. Bombay Sapphire released this new “Saw This, Made This” campaign as a means to invite people to discover the creative inspiration that exists all around them. It flashes everyday inspiration and art as a visual feast.
Oh, and it’s directed by Baz Luhrmann.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1954, Milky Way