Be in the Know
- Quality of life improvements says Apple. Do you agree? Enter iOS 13.
- Sam’s Club is taking grocery delivery to the next level with same-day alcohol.
- Warner Bros. hires first female CEO in studio history.
- Bill Gates disses Microsoft’s mobile strategy calling it “one of the greatest mistakes of all time.”
How to Manage a Remote Team
The workplace is changing.
The water cooler is now a Slack channel. The conference room whiteboard is now filled with video chat.
You get the point.
Over 70% of white-collar professionals work remote at least once a week. Despite the upsides of having remote teams, managing them and maintaining the same level of collaboration as you see with a traditional office can be a job in and of itself.
So, here are some helpful tips on how to get the most out of a remote team.
- Respect office hours: Remote workers have reported that their number one struggle with being a remote worker is the inability to unplug after work. To keep your team productive and happy, set clear expectations on work hours.
- Meet face-to-face: Words often get lost in translation when communicating online. A simple way to avoid this is to communicate through video on a regular basis. Video can help you properly convey tone, build relationships with your team, and help you read their emotions better.
- Give them room to breathe: It’s tempting to micro-manage a remote team. Pro tip: don’t. Trust your hiring process and let your team do what they’re paid to do.
- Invest in the right tools: Staying organized is key. Don’t skimp on tools that’ll keep your team organized and focused. Example; Trello for project management, Zoom for video calls, and Google Drive for managing files.
- Get together: Getting your team to meet in person can go a long way towards making them feel like an actual team. Consider an annual retreat where your team can actually spend time together.
Get Your Time Back
Let’s meet Nancy. Nancy runs the CEO school for women.
One thing she’s always been short on is time. That’s when she discovered GenM. Nancy’s marketing apprentice was able to take on her paid social and social media management tasks.
Since then, Nancy has had over 6 successful apprentices and saved over 720 hours.
If you’re looking for a low-cost method to get assistance for your business, try GenM today. It’s only $49/month.
To sweeten the deal, GenM is offering Daily Carnage readers $25 bucks off for the first month.
I Want it That Way
Somewhere in Antarctica…
A man sings the Backstreet Boys “I Want It That Way” karaoke on repeat while his coworkers look for ways to escape the research station.
Good thing for Geico.