Be in the Know
- Facebook tries to make ad targeting explanations more useful.
- Amazon to spend $700m to retrain a third of its US workforce by 2025.
- Sam’s Club launches same-day pickup across the United States.
- Facebook and Carnegie Mellon University built the ultimate AI poker playing machine (called Pluribus) proving that AI can achieve superhuman performance.
- Want free Daily Carnage stuff? Head to the bottom of this email and get your referral on. 👍
If you’re not in our Facebook group yet, get there.
Here’s what went down this week:
- Talk about amazing customer service. Check out Caitlin’s post on what Chewy did.
- Yay or nay on explicit words in your company name?
- Krissy wants to know if anyone else is seeing a decent drop in organic engagement on social media within the last 6 weeks or so?
- Chelsea wants to talk about Google Business pages. If you’re posting on location pages, what are you sharing?
- Jessie received a ‘weird’ message on LinkedIn. Over 60 people weighed in on the tactic used.
Posts of the Week
Drink of the Week
We love a good sunset, so we’re serving up Sunset Punch for our crew today.
This bourbon-based party punch will please any thirsty crowd.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 ounces bourbon
- 8 ounces white vermouth
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus lemon slices for garnish
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 12 ounces chilled ginger beer
Recipe from Food and Wine.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Wow. Just wow.