Be in the Know
How to Market on Quora
Have you thought about marketing on Quora?
Either way, we’re gonna throw a lot at you on this fine Tuesday morning. And, it’s all about Quora.
- Support existing and potential customers using forums to ask questions.
- Tap into a vast, new audience of over 300 million monthly unique users.
- Drive referral traffic from popular answers.
- Build your personal brand here.
(You can dive in deeper to each of these bullet points here.)
You got your why – here’s your how.
- Start with a good bio: Believe it or not, people will actually click through to your bio. We recommend tracking it with a tool like bit.ly or something similar. To optimize your profile bio, tell people who you are, what you do, add a call-to-action and show some social proof that you’re a subject-matter expert.
- Identify good questions: Think about the 80/20 rule here. 20% of the questions you could answer on Quora will actually send you traffic. So, how do you find these questions? We make a killer recommendation in the tools section today for this one. For even more, make sure you smash that ‘Read More’ button below.
- Provide actual value with your answers: This comes down to good copywriting and knowing what you’re talking about. Make sure you capture folks’ attention with a strong intro sentence and image. Also, don’t be afraid to tell stories and use controversy to your advantage.
- Be consistent: It’s going to take some time to gain traction on Quora. The more you engage, the more you’ll appear in people’s feeds.
- Take advantage of Quora Spaces (equivalent to Facebook Groups): This feature is still in beta, and you must be invited to create one, but you can still join and participate.
Find the Right Questions
Re: the above killer tool recommendation.
If you’re gonna dive into Quora, we can’t recommend Ahrefs’ Site Explorer tool enough.
The Site Explorer feature will allow you to search pages on Quora that receive the most organic, search traffic with ease.
Not interested in Quora? That’s cool too. The Site Explorer combines 3 powerful SEO tools in one interface: Organic traffic research, a backlink checker, and a paid traffic research feature.
Give it a try for $7 bucks for 7 days. Trust us, that $7 bucks will go a long way.
Do You Speak Reindeer?
Kudos to Microsoft for their latest holiday ad spot.
The commercial features a curious 6-year old with some questions for her reindeer friends.
Check it out below to see how Microsoft is bridging the language gap with its tech.
“Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing, and generates 3 times as many leads.”