Be in The Know
- Meta has published a new study on the effectiveness of Meta video ad campaigns.
- The North Face is the latest brand to receive backlash for a Pride Month campaign.
- Average views on TikTok have fallen steadily since December 2022.
- Try this on: Snapchat has launched enhanced augmented reality tools.
8 Ways to Design a Successful Paywall
Successful paywalls incorporate good design, transparent pricing, functionality, and, above all, something irresistibly valuable behind them.
Consider these 8 tips to designing paywalls:
- Have realistic expectations. In exchange for payment from a loyal community of visitors who love your content, traffic and social sharing will necessarily decrease.
- Your paywall screen should be representative of what you have to offer, allowing a sneak peek into the experience. Use simple, descriptive language, pricing graphics, and decisive imagery or illustrations.
- Explain the value and features that a subscriber or a one-time buyer will get. If you do a good job explaining the value of a premium option, users are more likely to go all in.
- Be transparent about the terms of pricing, renewals, free trials, pay-as-you-go, and lifetime subscriptions.
- Opt for a big call-to-action button.
- Incorporate social proof in the form of pay-with-a-tweet or testimonials and reviews on the landing page.
- Reiterate the value proposition with language that creates a sense of urgency, special pricing, scarcity, or social incentives.
- For users who don’t transcend the paywall, have a backup landing page with more information about terms or benefits, FAQ, screenshots, or even an additional offer.
Read more at Design Shack.
Q for You
Gmail x Mac gang, represent! Ditch gmail.com for Mimestream, an iOS email client built specifically for Gmail’s advanced features. The enhanced search, contacts, inbox organization, and clean interface easily beat the competition.
Your brand. Your story. Your solution.
Part of Their World
McDonald’s is showcasing young members of the nonprofit Black Girls Surf—and donating funds to the cause—in celebration of Disney’s live-action remake of The Little Mermaid. And yes, the accompanying Happy Meal toys are iconic.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
White Rain, 1970s