Be in the Know
- The Green Giant released an adorable “Cooking with Corn Kid” video series for Thanksgiving recipes (and plenty of corn)
- WhatsApp developed a new business search functionality and expanded payment options
- Check out this recent round up of 2022 holiday ads and how they are utilizing music
- Do you think Turkey is overrated? Little Caesar’s has the cure to bad turkey
BFCM is Cool. But What About Cyber Week II?
The five-day period that runs from Thanksgiving and Black Friday through Cyber Monday is also called the Cyber 5, Cyber Week, or Cyber Weekend. It’s one of the biggest lead ups to Christmas and contributes billions towards holiday shopping. But what do you call the week after Christmas?
Let’s Talk About Cyber Week II
Here are some tips on how to make the most of Cyber Week II and end the year strong:
- Get inside shoppers’ heads. With any marketing, sales, or campaign, understanding a consumers’ mindset is essential. During the holidays, there are common buying scenarios that you need to think about and how they could apply to your brand. That includes underwhelming gifts to exchange, gift cards burning holes in pockets, the year-end deal seekers, and appealing to New Year’s resolutions.
- Make shopper behavior work in your favor. Create a targeted eCommerce strategy by aligning your sales goals with shoppers’ needs and wants during the post-holiday season. Some ways to do that include EOY sales or retargeting your holiday shoppers who are ready to make exchanges or find additional discounts. (Check out the full Channable post for a whole bunch of ad campaign ideas.)
- Have the latest and greatest updates. Keep your shopping streams, social channels, announcements, and product information as up to date as possible. Check that your data is accurate, organized, and optimized to the specifications of each marketplace.
- Maximize your feeds. You have your tried-and-true platforms, and those are cool, but don’t be afraid to experiment with new ones.
- Plan ahead. The time to plan ahead has passed but it’s not to late to end the year with a bang. After reviewing your ad data, set your ads up now or in early December to launch by December 27.
Check out all of the ad, marketing, and strategy tips for Cyber Week II on Channable’s post.
Q for You
AppSumo’s Black Friday Collection 💸
Who doesn’t love the thrill of a deal?
AppSumo is the smartest way to buy software for your business. Not only can you find some of the top software and best alternatives, but you can also get lifetime deals.
This Black Friday, AppSumo is bringing back some of their hottest software deals for an extra 10% off already discounted lifetime deals, potentially saving you thousands of dollars a year in subscription fees.
Sounds good to us. And your tech stack. And your bottom line.
Check out their full Black Friday collection for all the apps and tools you could dream of!
But don’t sleep on these deals. The collection is available until November 29th at noon CT.
Show Us Your Stuff
We love delivering helpful, time-saving, day-making tools and techniques to our readers. Do you have a piece of content that could help them out, too?
Hit us up to see what sponsorship options we have for your content.
Say Hello To LUMBERG For Me!
Walmart went all out with the flair for its holiday ad. They reunited much of the Office Space (1999) movie. It shows off several of Walmart’s shopping features in recreations of some of the movie’s most iconic scenes.
If you could go ahead and give it a watch, that’d be great.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1940, Tim’s Caps