Race, Work, and Leadership: New Perspectives on the Black Experience
by Laura Morgan Roberts, Anthony J. Mayo, and David A. Thomas
Be in the Know
- Historic Deal to Protect Millions of Monarch Butterfly Habitat Acres is Unprecedented
- YouTube fights back against bias lawsuit from LGBTQ creators
- Snapchat’s ‘dynamic ads’ product for e-commerce retailers rolls out worldwide
- How Social Platforms are Responding to the #BlackLivesMatter Protests Across the US
How to Craft a Social Media Landing Page That Wows
Wow-power marketing. It’s a level of marketing that makes a user’s jaw drop and wallets open. That’s the marketing we’re aiming for. And Agorapulse is going to help get one step closer.
Get your pen and paper out ’cause we’re running through 8 steps to create better social media landing pages.
- Cut the clutter and keep your main goal crystal clear. With landing pages, it’s tempting to add sidebars, pop-ups, social share buttons, and everything in between. Here’s the thing, though a simple landing page will help visitors stay on task and moving straight down the buyer’s journey.
- Make your brand apparent throughout your landing pages – logos, voice, colors, so on. It’s all about reassuring the customer. Maintaining your brand within all online presence tells visitors they are in the right place especially when leaving one place for another.
- Knock that first impression outta the park with a killer headline. It’s the first piece of context they’ll see coming into the page, so make it count by explaining their benefits and encouraging action.
- Consistency with your messaging matters. Regardless of where people come from – a paid ad, a Twitter post, Stories swipe-up, etc – they have expectations. Fulfill those expectations by using the same language from destination A to destination B and beyond.
- Make the visuals count. Creatives add an appealing element to landing pages. It could be product photos, demos, or even digestible infographics. Just make sure it relates to the message you’re trying to convey.
- Directly show customers the way with a compelling CTA. Help customers navigate through the buyer’s journey. Take blogs for example, at the end, send readers to learn about a related topic or product by using a short CTA that peaks interest to continue.
Two more steps to cover with Agorapulse, plus the what and why!
If you’re interested in leveling-up on your marketing skills there are several resources out and about. SEMrush offers free, digital marketing courses on a handful of topics like SEO, Content, PPC, Competitive Research, and Social Media marketing!
In the Community
- Kacie is calling to “….put on a panel with POC creative directors/agency owners about what’s happening right now and how other agencies can be good allies/how to incorporate diversity in campaigns/how to hire diverse talent/etc. As you can tell, this is still a bit of a work-in-progress, but if you’re a Black business leader and interested in speaking and sharing your expertise…”
- Ashley shared, “Ben and Jerry’s is making national headlines for taking a stand today!….”
How to financially help BLM with no money or leaving your house
People are looking for all sorts of ways to help out in the Black Lives Matter movement. Some are donating to specific causes, others are joining protests throughout the nation, and many people are educating themselves about the struggles black people faced throughout history.
YouTube creator, Zoe Amira, posted a video that people can watch to actively support the movement. The video is almost an hour in length and features art by various black creators.
The money generated from ads is all donated to a variety of organizations, so don’t skip the ads when you watch.