Top Posts of the Week
- Oh baby! Jimmy Johns released new baby swaddling merch that makes your bundle of joy look like a wrapped sub sammy
- ClickUp has a “return to work” campaign and anyone who has had a crazy CEO can relate
- The Saweetie Meal is coming to McDonald’s after the success of Travis Scott, J Balvin, and BTS celebrity meals
- Non-alcoholic beverage brands like Starla Wines are beautiful cases of branding and design for additional product appeal
What We Learned
Monday: Easil gave us the 6 Ways to Use Branded GIFs for Your Brand. The biggest takeaway is that GIFs are friendly and great supplements to your conversational marketing and social media responses. Our Pro Tip: Schitt’s Creek GIFs can fit literally any marketing-related situation.
Tuesday: It was a walk down memory lane. We covered the biggest marketing moments in the history of the Olympics. It’s been an interesting journey to how large we have made advertising athletes and the games itself.
Wednesday: What does 100 million Instagram posts + 1 million users = ? It makes for 1 free report that gives key insights for marketers and their social strategy. Mention and Hubspot released the 2021 Instagram Engagement Report. This year’s report shows changes across the most engaging post types, top geotagged locations, and hashtag use compared to last year.
Thursday: Building your brand means playing the long game! LinkedIn gave a pocket guide with Building your Brand. The big steps are:
- Connect with emotion
- Broaden your reach
- Plan long term
- Grow your share of voice
Join the Conversation
Kolleen shared, “What do you think of Yelp’s new logo? It’s definitely retro.”
Taylor posted, “Does anyone have recommendations for great text to speech converters for voiceover work? It would be used for a lot of online courses, as well as basic audio needs for various presentations and videos.”
Kealy wrote, “Hello and help! I’m working with a Facebook Group that is out of control […] I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on these rules and any others you have!”
Marta asked, “Our client is building an apartment complex on the southern border of a big city (in a smaller town), hence the names. Which is your fave? The Southern, SouthTown/SoTo, or The Verge.”
Polls for Peeps
The best way to get to know your audience is to ask them questions! Scalemail Polls gives you the venue for doing it. This tool is perfect for asking questions right in your email system or site, without directing your users to a different page.
Reasons to utilize Scalemail Polls:
✅ Get customer service feedback
✅ Get to know your audience in-depth
✅ Gauge employee satisfaction
✅ Engage and build a community of users
Implementing it is easier than you think! Reach out if you’d like to use Scalemail Polls as a part of your own emails or newsletter.
Papa Doble (The Hemingway Daiquiri)
- 2 ounces white rum
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce Maraschino liqueur
- ½ ounce ruby red grapefruit juice (freshly squeezed, if possible)
- Lime wedge (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until well chilled.
- Double-strain into a coup glass.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
- Now go fight some bulls, write some stories, raise some cats, or get into some international shenanigans.
Recipe (and a good read!) via The Wine Enthusiast
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Which brand is the oldest sponsor of the Olympic games?