Be in The Know
- Small businesses will be able to book a 1:1 consultation with a Google Ads rep for fifty bucks.
- Watch: YouTube posted an interview with a Shorts expert to talk about the algorithm.
- A new study finds that older adults are still underrepresented in ads.
- Gen Z is cool with targeted ads.
Instagram Benchmarks: 2023
If you’re in the Instagram game right now, you know that the platform is heavily prioritizing Reels, and investment in short-form video is paying off. For a closer look at what’s working, Socialinsider breaks down the numbers in a recent study:
- Instagram Reels have had a 57.4% YoY growth in usage.
- In 2023, Instagram Reels score an average engagement rate of 1.23%, making it the best performing content type on the app. That said…
“If your insights indicate Reels outperform feed posts, then lean in more to Reels – but don’t go all in on any one type of content,” Jen Herman, Instagram marketing expert
- Reels’ engagement entered a dropping phase, indicating that growth might not remain stable as other platforms compete in the short-form video race.
- Reels generate the highest amount of saves for the smallest profiles. Users save content they plan to return to, so this metric matters.
- Carousels generate the highest number of comments for the smallest and largest accounts.
- Reels is your best bet for virality, due to their reach rate being more than double other types.
- Reels have a 2x higher average impression rate than other types of content.
Check out the study in full over at Socialinsider.
Q for You
Be a better podcast listener using the power of—you guessed it—AI. With Snipd, you can save highlights from your favorite podcasts, and you can discover new pods by exploring highlights from others. The AI-generated transcript lets you bookmark snippets for later, which you can share on social so your friends know you’re smart and engaged.
Next One's On You
Sponsor an entire issue (or an entire week) of The Daily Carnage with your brand name in lights—or select from our dynamic spots to get your tactic, tool, or upcoming event in front of our marketing community.
Happy 125, Pepsi
The reformulated and redesigned Pepsi Zero Sugar is looking crisp in this campaign as the brand looks to capitalize on growth in the not-as-sweet category. The “Better With Pepsi” push will continue through the fall to celebrate 125 years of the soda brand.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
General Telephone & Electronics, 1962