Be in the Know
7 Tips for Writing a Great Survey or Poll
Want a quick and easy solution to create content and products that resonate with your audience?
Surveys are a sure-fire way to gain a deeper understanding of the needs and motivations of your audience.
Here are 7 tips for putting together a killer survey or poll:
- Ask closed-ended questions: The last thing you want to do is create friction with your survey. Open-ended questions (or free-response) require more effort and time, so try to avoid them. If you need to include some open-ended questions, try to keep it to no more than 2 and put them at the end of the survey.
- Keep your questions neutral: It’s easy to approach your survey with bias. If you’re looking for accurate responses, make sure to keep your opinions out of the survey. Bad: “We think our customer service representatives are really awesome. How awesome do you think they are?” Good: “How helpful or unhelpful do you find our customer service representatives to be?”
- Keep a balanced set of answer choices: Just like your questions, your answer choices need to remain neutral. Give your audience a chance to tell you how they really feel.
- Don’t ask for two things at once: Keep your questions simple. Bad: “How would you rate our customer service and product reliability?” Good: “How would you rate our customer service?”
- Keep your questions different: If you want your audience to put some real thought into your survey, keep your survey questions different. Mix up your question prompts and answer choices.
- Let most of your questions be optional to answer: By forcing your audience to answer questions, you’re setting yourself up for failure. They may not know the answer and/or feel comfortable answering every single question. Give them an option to get the most out of your survey.
- Do a test drive: Before you share your survey with your audience, have your colleagues give it the once-over by actually taking the survey.
Need to ramp up
More Than Survey Software
Now that you have your survey questions dialed in, it’s time to share them with your audience.
We like Survey Monkey.
Survey Monkey makes it as simple as possible to create and share surveys with your audience. The reporting capabilities are awesome and the platform is super intuitive.
Guy Fieri Like You’ve Never Seen
From devouring food to his highlighted tips, Guy Fieri has taken a lot of heat over the years.
Word on the street is that Guy is genuinely a good “guy.”
In its latest ad spot, Uber Eats shows a different side of Guy Fieri. Check it out. 👇