Be in the Know
- Check out Twitter’s Brand Bowl with the top tweet tie-in campaigns from the Super Bowl
- ViacomCBS will rebrand to Paramount with a large focus on streaming
- Busch Light is investing in female NASCAR drivers for Accelerate Her program
- Editing apps to help you make killer Reels
How to Build a Target Audience Profile (In 4 Steps)
The first steps to any marketing strategy have to do with goals and your target audience. But what if you don’t know who the heck you are targeting?
Build your target audience in these 4 steps with all the right questions along the way:
Step 1: Create Broad Descriptions of Your Ideal Customers
Start with your current actual audience. Check out your brand’s reviews and consider your customers’ attitudes toward your product. Ask yourself: Why would someone choose your product over your competition’s?
Create some generic customer profiles based on some of those answers.
Step 2: Research Your Potential Customers’ Demographics
You have some general ideas, now add more detail. Potential demographic information to research can include: age, location, job/title/income, family status, preferred social media sites, competitor purchases, subscriptions, hobbies, etc.
Step 3: Identify the Needs and Problems of Your Target Audience
Now think through sweet spots and pain points for the type of people in your profiles and demographics. You want to think about what motivates them, prevents them, concerns they might have, and if your product solves a problem.
Step 4: Determine Where Customers Will Find You
Think about how customers will find your company or offerings. The three main questions for figuring that out are:
- What websites do they visit?
- What blogs/publications do they read?
- What are the search terms they use? (These are NOT always the search terms you would use)
Check out Easy Affiliate’s full post for profile examples and more details on finding your target audience.
Q for You
Launch Influencer Campaigns with #paid
Make influencer marketing easy with a creator matchmaker like #paid.
They make it easy and trackable, all in one place. To start campaigns, all you have to do is:
- Choose Your Channel – Tell creators about your goals for the channel. #paid uses that info to find your matches.
- Pick Your Creators – #paid will show you the top 10 creator matches who already love your brand and want to work with you.
- Hit the Launch Button – Approve your favorite creators and content. Hit the launch button. Then watch the results come in.
Get started for free and find influencers for your brand. You can also run a test campaign to see it in action.
Crack Open a Tall Boy 🤘
“Check out our first overpriced national TV commercial from the Big Game!” Super Bowl advertising freshmen Liquid Death released this ad of crazy kids passing some cold ones around. “Cold ones” being cans of water. It rings of fast cars and freedom while making Liquid Death look too good to miss out on.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Don’t worry about failure, you only have to be right once .”