Be in the Know
- Get ready for another lawless summer because White Claw released a new set of flavors and a surf-themed campaign
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 has a contest involving “scratch boards” that reveal another prize after a skateboarder has work out the deck
- Helping you celebrate World Tattoo Day with this campaign from Duolingo, still glad you got that ink?
- Top Metaverse influencers you should be following on social media
Preparing for Google Analytics 4 (because it’s taking over)
It’s been over 2 years since Google Analytics 4 (GA4) was introduced as the next Google Analytics phase. But some marketers aren’t ready to give up Universal Analytics. After all, GA4 streamlined a lot of the metrics marketers were holding near and dear to their data-tracking hearts.
While Google has been allowing the use of both systems at once, the time has come when GA4 is taking over. That time is a year from now –– July 1, 2023.
Don’t freak out! There are a lot of benefits to GA4 (and the features are growing) so this is your time to transition over.
The Big Things to Know:
- All standard UA properties will stop processing new hits on July 1, 2023
- 360 Universal Analytics properties will stop processing new hits on October 1, 2023.
- You’ll be able to access your processed data in UA for at least six months.
- You have 3ish months to move to GA4 if you want clean YOY data in 2023 (!).
Starting Your GA4 Measurements:
You’re going to want to move over to Google Analytics 4 as soon as possible to track the necessary historical data before UA stops processing new hits. Like we said, some good things are happening in GA4. If you haven’t played in GA4 yet, here are some things to get familiar with:
- Event-based measurement modeling across sites and apps.
- Country-level privacy controls (and a huge emphasis on privacy in general when it comes to user-level data).
- Predictive insights from machine learning.
- Expanded integrations with other Google products like Google Ads.
- Search Ads 360 and Display & Video 360 integrations are now available for all customers!
Google will be updating more helpful tips on GA4 transitioning and terminology, but for now, check out how GA4 is being used before it’s all we have to use.
Q for You
Know the Worth of Your Social Media Services
Agencies can now learn how to price their social media services correctly. No convoluted formulas. No boring spreadsheets. Plus, it’s absolutely free. This social media pricing calculator was built by Planable, together with pricing experts from Soft Fight.
How it works 👉 The pricing calculator is powered by an algorithm that uses data from 3 sources. After you input all the relevant data, the calculator will determine an optimal interval for the rates you could be charging. It takes into account your costs, the quality of the work you provide, perceived value, and competition.
What you need to do 👉 Simply answer some questions, submit the form and you’ll find out how much you should charge. You’ll also receive a free e-book that covers the most useful pricing-related subjects such as types of pricing models & strategies, agency fee structure, what to consider when deciding on pricing, and many more.
You work pretty hard on your blog content, reports, and white papers, right?
Give them some more love ❤️
The Daily Carnage has an audience of marketing and brand pros that are looking for helpful content and tools to make their lives easier. If you have a post, software, tool, or service that you’d like to share with them, we wanna hear about it.
Let’s talk to learn more about the types of sponsored posts we offer.
2 is Company…
3, 4, 5, 10 is a Crowd.
March 21st is World Down Syndrome Day. To celebrate, CoorDown launched a global awareness campaign. It promotes the right of people with Down Syndrome to experience independence in romantic and sexual relationships.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1901, Louis Vuitton