Q for You
Be In The Know
The Indistractable Model: Tips from Productivity Expert Nir Eyal
It’s easy to get caught up in the rings, pings, and dings of daily life. Though it feels like we’re busier than ever, it seems as if getting work done is becoming more and more difficult. What can we say, distractions are everywhere.
If you’re ready to get off that distraction train, Woven is helping us find the best ways to reach that productive station.
- Create an Identity Pact. Decide that you’re no longer a person who gets distracted. We hear you, this is definitely easier said than done. But it’s possible with practice. Take on a moniker of someone who’s “Indistractable” you can own that new identity and embrace the habits of someone who’s “Indistractable.”
- Recognize internal distraction triggers. With internal triggers, Eyal says, “human behavior is prompted by a desire to escape discomfort, that means that time management is pain management.” Become aware of how you’re feeling when you find yourself getting distracted. The more self-aware you are the easier it will be to manage.
- Create a Time-Boxed Calendar. A time-boxed calendar means taking time out ahead of the week to plan your activities. Doing this can help curb external triggers because you’re making time to relax and be distracted (watch Netflix, play a video game, Zoom call with friends). The main difference is that you intend to do it – you plan on it rather than using it as a distraction from the work you should do.
- Create A Weekly Review. Eyal recommends once you incorporate these activities, you create a weekly review to see where you spent your time, how you did it, and what you might be able to do differently the next week.
These science-backed strategies can turn you into productive-maniac! Give it a go and check out the full cliff notes of Nir’s book.
Organize it All
Speaking of being more productive… planning out your day can be a bit easier using Todoist. When your mind is flying in all directions, this tool can help you gain clarity and organize your tasks. After all, small steps every day add up to big achievements over time. Here are a few of the features:
- Get a clear overview of everything on your plate.
- Easily organize and prioritize your tasks and projects.
- Divide and conquer your daily tasks in shared projects.
- Set daily and weekly goals, and visualize your productivity trends.
New job alert!
Digital Current is looking for someone to fill this remote position as an Email Marketing and Lead Generation Specialist.
This is a team of highly motivated people working their tails off to grow and evolve in the ever-changing digital marketing space, especially in the areas of SEO and link building.
As the email marketing and lead generation specialist, you’ll play a vital role — especially when it comes to our desire to aggressively grow the agency. You’ll be responsible for creating email marketing campaigns and other digital marketing campaigns to promote Digital Current’s services from start to finish.
Sound like something you’re interested in? Check out Sharp Jobs for the full description.
Made in America. The Japanese way.
There’s nothing like a good old fashioned American Western movie…that was filmed in Italy, of course. The Spaghetti Western genre was both captivating and more cost-friendly than Hollywood shoots. Well, there’s a new Western in town. A Noodle Western.
Ramen Hero shows us that after a long day on the ranch, a bowl of ramen is exactly what’s needed. But not just any ramen. Saddle up, because you’re in for a ride with this 60’s genre-inspired ad.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Wonder is the heaviest element on the periodic table. Even a tiny fleck of it stops time.”